Germany Thread

cavanami

Gentlemen,

I wish I was in lovely cool Bangkok right now and the reason is this: outside the official temperature is 38 degrees. Or 100,4 Fahrenheit for third world country residents. I am in the Cologne area where such temperature has never been met before. And they say it will increase day by day til Friday. Over to you.

Cos, the top Thai universities are fine, but other than that there is still too much of the rote learning around. I challenged my students at Thammasat,  encouraging them to think. As a result,  I was criticised by a few older archans for allowing my students to be "disrespectful". :(

I'm in Eckernförde on the Baltic Sea right now.
It is wonderful. Very warm, but a cooling east wind comes from the sea.

During the day I am on the beach in my beach chair; in the evening I am in the pubs and bars in the city.
The city is small (approx. 20.000 inhabitants), but very romantic, has Mediterranean charm. I love it.

In the last years I have reported about Eckernförde; with several pictures.
https://www.ostseebad-eckernfoerde.de/
https://www.eckernfoerde.de/

Right now, I'm sitting here with a glass of red wine. Nice bourgeois Eckernförder audience. We chat and discuss.
https://www.roemerundwein.de/

Herr Nasiadai,

taking into consideration your alternative preference for Pattaya it might be an idea to establish an official seatown partnership between Eckernförde and Pattaya as there are many already between various EU cities.

Usually these partnerships are used by local politicians to travel abroad to study foreign ways of living and I could foresee the Eckernförde representatives returning to Schleswig Holstein full of new impressions.

Just my two cents

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/4/2019 at 6:02 PM, buffalo_bill said:

Today the sun shining again, outside as well as within the Bubi heart. Fuck the Arabs.

So that's where we are at? 

I spent the whole of last night suturing people in emergency in the hospital.  This is in the relative calm of Australia.  I had thought better of you until I read your disgraceful sentiments. 

People are easily influenced.  I suppose I was wanting you to be a nice guy - you've made some entertaining posts with that characteristic style of yours.  You've just gone and ruined it all. 

Bigotry I won't stand by.  And who gave you the wherewithal  to stand up and say these things?  You should be happy that the rest of the world is considering your application for readmission to the human race.  That is if you consider Germany yours, which I find pathetic. 

I have to deal with violence, hatred and vitriol all the time.  I just don't see why I always have to deal with the aftermath of your rhetoric, the blood the pain the death.  

I want to ask you a very genuine question -   why?

Because at this stage, there is absolutely nothing you can do or say to justify what you've written. 

• 2 months later...

Bubi,

I would suggest you explain why the decision was good since the vehicles going at high speeds...

tires rated to do at the high speeds in good working order

The Autobahn is a well maintained roadway

drivers are educated so as to know how to drive at the high speeds

not all the Autobahn is allowed to proceed at the high speeds, near cities there are slow down areas...

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey Bubi...you need to put your TDS aside and take care of Germany!

3 women investigated for causing deadly blaze at German zoo

BERLIN (AP) — Three women are under investigation in Germany for launching paper sky lanterns for the new year which apparently ignited a devastating fire that killed more than 30 animals at a zoo, officials said Thursday.

https://www.mail.com/int/news/world/9634032-3-women-investigated-causing-deadly-blaze-german-z.html#.1272-stage-hero1-1