Germany Thread

cavanami

"As we are experiencing firsthand, you cannot fight the pandemic with lies and disinformation any more than you can fight it with hate or incitement to hatred," Merkel said. "The limits of populism and denial of basic truths are being laid bare."

Hear Hear 👍

What a great USA ally...NOT!!!

German Exports to Iran Hit Record High in October

German exports to Iran soared in October, a month before the United States reinstated a second wave of sanctions on the Islamic Republic to choke its oil and shipping industries, data seen by Reuters showed.

The surge signals willingness among Germany’s small- and medium-sized enterprises, or Mittelstand, to continue doing business with Iran despite the risk of being blacklisted by the United States for defying its sanctions.

Official figures by the Federal Statistics Office reveal that German goods exported to Iran totaled almost €400 million ($455 million) in October, a year-on-year surge of 85% and the highest monthly volume since 2009...

https://financialtribune.com/articles/domestic-economy/95564/german-exports-to-iran-hit-record-high-in-october?fbclid=IwAR29nSkRTxfewpiod20fn-uTSyWZNiLJBCojUGG-9z9kDtQLviYxe2iJ6dA

Just because the US has sanctions against Iran does not mean the rest of the World have to. There are UN and EU sanctions in place which are followed by Germany, France and the United Kingdom. The last time I checked Germany was part of UN and EU but not part of US no matter what America thinks.

Typical US arrogance to come up with unilateral sanctions and expect them to be globally implemented. 

31 minutes ago, Mekong said:

Just because the US has sanctions against Iran does not mean the rest of the World have to. There are UN and EU sanctions in place which are followed by Germany, France and the United Kingdom. The last time I checked Germany was part of UN and EU but not part of US no matter what America thinks.

Typical US arrogance to come up with unilateral sanctions and expect them to be globally implemented. 

I mention the sanctions, Germany and the USA as one board member is always saying that the USA doesn't have allies...thus, my take is if your "allies" don't support you then they are piss poor allies, IMO.

This is old news as Germany has been ignoring the sanctions for decades.

35 minutes ago, Mekong said:

But Germany are not ignoring sanctions, they are following UN and EU sanctions to the letter.

As I said, it seems as if the US are trying to impose their will upon the rest of the World, it doesn’t work like that.

Yes, you are correct in that the USA is trying to impose their will on the rest of the world, which I do not agree with. The USA is in terrible shape and me thinks it will not get better in my lifetime.

Who cares what the Trumpanzees think? not many.

Ally

plural noun: allies

1. a state formally cooperating with another for a military or other purpose.

Allies are what happen when we go to war Cav, it means that should USA go to war, their allies will come and support, like we have in the past.

But since  Drumpf, we are less inclined to do so. 

Trade is not where Allies operate. 

6 hours ago, cavanami said:

What a great USA ally...NOT!!!

German Exports to Iran Hit Record High in October

German exports to Iran soared in October, a month before the United States reinstated a second wave of sanctions on the Islamic Republic to choke its oil and shipping industries, data seen by Reuters showed.

The surge signals willingness among Germany’s small- and medium-sized enterprises, or Mittelstand, to continue doing business with Iran despite the risk of being blacklisted by the United States for defying its sanctions.

Official figures by the Federal Statistics Office reveal that German goods exported to Iran totaled almost €400 million ($455 million) in October, a year-on-year surge of 85% and the highest monthly volume since 2009...

https://financialtribune.com/articles/domestic-economy/95564/german-exports-to-iran-hit-record-high-in-october?fbclid=IwAR29nSkRTxfewpiod20fn-uTSyWZNiLJBCojUGG-9z9kDtQLviYxe2iJ6dA

Mr Cavanami, in his endless trial to find the truth has now started quoting Iran-based propaganda newspapers . Anyhow, in comparison to Dr. Corsi and the man in the leatherjacket I rate this as an improvement. German export in 2019 fell about 45 %, China, India and Turkey strongly increased.

Would I have the opportunity to export anything to Iran I would not even think a second about any embargo initiated by the USA. The current problem with these 2 countries is that they are both suffering from a government of pure idiots. The Donald thinks he could ever ruin them by trade restrictions but unfortunately they have more friends every day ready to assist them due to increasing hatred towards the US.