Britain

Coss

On 8/31/2019 at 12:44 AM, scoobydoo said:

very wrong steve..... urban doncaster, middlesborough, darlington just for example were pro brexit .... london yes pro remain but lots of other urban centres.... i'm kinda old and i voted remain as did my parents. ...... but brexit must happen regardless or kiss good by democracy 

RIght, I was thinking London and didn't mention a London (south) vs North as well. The north were pretty much pro Brexit weren't they? Specifically rural north. Brum was slightly Brexit, but Manchester, Bristol and Liverpool were majority remain I believe which goes with the urban areas with fairly large immigrant populations as London.. Newcastle wanted out I think as well. (I remain to be corrected). 

The UK were on their own before so its not like UK hasn't been there before. 

The government is expected to table a motion to hold a general election on 14 October if it is defeated by MPs opposed to a no-deal Brexit on Tuesday.

Boris Johnson said he did not want an election, but progress with the EU would be "impossible" if they won.

Tory rebels are joining forces with Labour to bring a bill designed to stop the UK leaving the EU on 31 October without an agreement.

It would force the PM to request a delay to 31 January 2020 in that event.

A senior government official said a motion for an election would be put forward if MPs take the first steps towards passing legislation to block no deal this week.

The prime minister is confident he would win the required two-thirds majority for the motion to be passed, the official added.

Speaking outside No 10 earlier, Mr Johnson insisted that with MPs' backing, he would be able to achieve changes to the UK's current Brexit deal - negotiated by Theresa May and rejected three times in the Commons - at an EU summit on 17 October.

But he said if MPs voted to block no deal they would "plainly chop the legs out from under the UK position".

The PM said there were "no circumstances" in which he personally would ask Brussels to delay Brexit and UK negotiators must be allowed to get on with their work without interference from Westminster.

"I don't want an election and you don't want an election," he added.

"Let us get on with the people's agenda, fighting crime, improving the NHS, boosting schools, cutting the cost of living, and unlocking talent and opportunity across the entire United Kingdom."

This is comical to some exit. The people voted to leave and it seems the powers that be don't want to. The UK can decide its own fate. You are big enough as a nation, economically speaking to be on your own but I can see the advantages of a union with the EU. As well as some disadvantages. Helps trade but may have an impact on jobs if too many people emigrate to the UK. 

Yes, the rich/elite/old-school/privileged are feeling the sting of the democratic process, the poor/masses/ordinary/proles are right, in their stance, that the minority, do not have a 'right' to control the majority, at least not while there's a democracy.

So, will, as is about to happen/has happened, in other countries, the elite declare martial law and keep control of the country?

Not looking at you, Thailand, Laos, Burma, Hong Kong, Brazil etc etc etc

9 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

Mr Coss, the idea to leave the EU is based on lack of knowledge what it really does. The UK shall soon be aware of the consequences once " control is back " .

I didn't think it would happen (Brexit) and mistake or no, the people voted. 

On 9/3/2019 at 8:44 AM, buffalo_bill said:

Mr Coss, the idea to leave the EU is based on lack of knowledge what it really does. The UK shall soon be aware of the consequences once " control is back " .

meanwhile AfD grow bigger and bigger in egalitarian germany.... old habits die hard