Britain

Coss

On 1/16/2020 at 11:58 AM, buffalo_bill said:

Frightening prospects, got to be more careful then. Nonetheless I wish to draw the general attention on another subject which is vaginal spasm. Meaning the vagina contracts to a degree that the relevant gentleman is unable to withdraw from the battlefield. Which principally sounds not too bad but it needs medical treatment to loosen the relationship. No good.

Ah yes, the troubling Chinese finger pussy, the more you pull out the tighter it grips. Relaxation until normal service can be resumed usually works.

• 1 month later...

Dumber than Trump

'Insane' UK plan to let COVID-19 spread might kill half-a-million 

borrie.png.17640abc133634ba1ea97ff726a083b4.png

...But the UK is trying something different. 

"Our aim is to try and reduce the peak, broaden the peak, not suppress it completely," said British chief scientific adviser Sir Patrick Vallance.

"Also, because the vast majority of people get a mild illness, to build up some kind of herd immunity so more people are immune to this disease and we reduce the transmission, at the same time we protect those who are most vulnerable to it."

Harvard University epidemiologist William Hanage, in a piece for the Guardian, said he thought it was a joke when he first heard the UK's plan.

"My colleagues here in the US, even as they are reeling from the stumbling response of the Donald Trump administration to the crisis, assumed that reports of the UK policy were satire - an example of the wry humour for which the country is famed. But they are all too real."...

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world/insane-uk-plan-to-let-covid-19-spread-might-kill-half-a-million-people-expert/ar-BB11dQv0

• 3 weeks later...

It's OK, Lis say:

Queen addresses coronavirus pandemic with historic television address from Windsor Castle 

In a rare address, the Queen has urged people to rise to the challenge of the coronavirus pandemic, drawing on wisdom from her decades as Britain's head of state to urge discipline and resolve in a time of crisis.

The 93-year-old monarch acknowledged the suffering that many families have experienced because of the Covid-19 crisis, which has infected more than 1.25 million people throughout the world and killed at least 68,148 of them.

"I am speaking to you at what I know is an increasingly challenging time. A time of disruption in the life of our country: a disruption that has brought grief to some, financial difficulties to many, and enormous changes to the daily lives of us all," she said.

"I hope in the years to come everyone will be able to take pride in how they responded to this challenge. And those who come after us will say the Britons of this generation were as strong as any. That the attributes of self-discipline, of quiet good-humoured resolve and of fellow-feeling still characterise this country. The pride in who we are is not a part of our past, it defines our present and our future."

"Across the Commonwealth and around the world, we have seen heart-warming stories of people coming together to help others, be it through delivering food parcels and medicines, checking on neighbours, or converting businesses to help the relief effort."

"And though self-isolating may at times be hard, many people of all faiths, and of none, are discovering that it presents an opportunity to slow down, pause and reflect, in prayer or meditation."

"It reminds me of the very first broadcast I made, in 1940, helped by my sister. We, as children, spoke from here at Windsor to children who had been evacuated from their homes and sent away for their own safety."

"Today, once again, many will feel a painful sense of separation from their loved ones. But now, as then, we know, deep down, that it is the right thing to do."

"While we have faced challenges before, this one is different. This time we join with all nations across the globe in a common endeavour, using the great advances of science and our instinctive compassion to heal. We will succeed - and that success will belong to every one of us."

"We should take comfort that while we may have more still to endure, better days will return: we will be with our friends again; we will be with our families again; we will meet again."

"But for now, I send my thanks and warmest good wishes to you all."

• 4 weeks later...

If a Female Prime Minister had just had her sixth (or seventh) child by a third father just months after getting divorced and in the middle of a massive crisis,  would be all be putting the flags out?

Yet it is OK for Boris   ...   Hypercritical assholes 

• 1 month later...

Coronavirus: Petition calls on UK to declare war on New Zealand 'then immediately surrender'

Members of the UK public have launched a petition calling on the British Government to declare war on New Zealand, "then immediately surrender".

The petition is the latest idea for a Covid-19 strategy for the UK, where new cases continue to climb.

The petition suggests the British Government declares war on New Zealand and then surrenders, so that Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern can take over the reins in the UK, as part of international law that states that you become the de facto government of a country you defeat in war... 

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12340019

Salient points:

House of Lords - Total number of sitting members: 778

MPs - The Commons is an elected body consisting of 650 members known as members of Parliament (MPs). 

so 1428 people running the UK, how many Kiwis? 5 million,  prolly enough then...

and how big is NZ?

NUK.thumb.jpg.a62c81b9a026eb87167292a121efd8db.jpg

And as prime minister-designate, I will re name the country as New United Kingdom or N.U.K.

Lis and the family, will be asked to attend a series of refresher courses and consultation on the role of the Monarchy going forward.

I look forward to working with you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A group of heavily-outnumbered police officers fled a mob of hundreds of revellers attending an illegal party celebrating Pakistan Independence Day in locked-down Manchester.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8638791/Police-flee-crowd-celebrating-Pakistan-Independence-Day.html

If they are celebrating independence from the British Raj what the fuck are they doing in Britain?

2 hours ago, Mekong said:

A group of heavily-outnumbered police officers fled a mob of hundreds of revellers attending an illegal party celebrating Pakistan Independence Day in locked-down Manchester.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8638791/Police-flee-crowd-celebrating-Pakistan-Independence-Day.html

If they are celebrating independence from the British Raj what the fuck are they doing in Britain?

I suspect they would tell you it's more the Independence from India than anything. History can be so selective.