Britain

Coss

I agree, but, whilst on Paper NZ got the better of the deal you have to realise that only 0.2% of UK trade is with NZ so no great loss.

So why did they bother then?

It is a stepping stone to the UK becoming a member of CPTPP where the gains will be far more advantageous to the UK

0.2% now, I wonder what is was in the '50s.

If we can get back to the days of 20 sheep per person, or more succinctly, 40 per male person, we'l be happy happy. 

Now is only approx 5 sheep per person or 2.5 per bloke and I aint sharing   🤪

• 4 weeks later...

It must be silly season in the UK now Cricket news.

Former England international Alex Hales says he "categorically and absolutely" denies any "racial connotation" in naming his dog, following allegations made by Azeem Rafiq.

On Tuesday, ex-Yorkshire player Rafiq told a Digital, Culture, Media and Sport select committee that former team-mate Gary Ballance used the name 'Kevin' as a "derogatory" term to refer to any player of colour.

Rafiq said that Hales, 32, named his dog Kevin "because it's black".

• “A Kevin is someone who consistently or greatly shows a complete lack of intelligence through incompetence of social and societal norms, or is purposefully antagonistic in their poor decision making.”   British Slang Meaning 
  • Imagine the uproar if Wing Commander Guy Gibson had played Cricket for Yorkshire. I am sure we all know the name of the mascot of 617 Squadron.

Azeem Rafiq has apologised and said he is "deeply ashamed" for using anti-Semitic language in Facebook messages from 2011.

Former spinner Rafiq has spoken of his experiences of racism at Yorkshire and appeared at a Digital, Culture, Media and Sport select committee this week.

The 30-year-old said he had "absolutely no excuses" for the messages.

"I am incredibly angry at myself and apologise to the Jewish community," he said in a statement.

Rafiq also later apologised on Thursday for an Instagram meme containing a saying relating to African people.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/59338118

So  Rafiq can be anti-Semitic, abisive to Africans and it is alright, as soon as he is on the receiving end it is Racism Damn Hypocrite.

Pre 2004 Sportsmen and their like didn’t have much access to media per se and then came along Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Tik Tok giving any idiot who could register make a complete and utter fool of themselves to the world.

In our day, make a twat of yourself and make the headlines, well yesterdays news is todays Fish n Chip paper, today the digital footprint is eternal.

Which begs the question “Why have a Social Media account?”