Britain

Coss

3 hours ago, Mekong said:

I could go on, but you get the message.

I do, yes. And would like to comment but just finished dinner and prefer not to issue any drivel under the influence of a bottle of French Rosé. Which makes me think of the price of imported wine in the kingdom. Holy Lord. But there is more to it. Let´s talk tomorrow. Got to finish John Grisham " The Pelican brief " , 45 pages left, can´t wait.

8 hours ago, Mekong said:

Height

Well there it is.  The definitive proof, that even after 7 decades of Feminist Activism, females are not equal, not by circa 8% they're not.

And that UAA are very obviously overstating their male to female ratio, by either understating their female heights or overstating their male heights.

5 hours ago, Mekong said:

I wouldn’t say I was rich by any standards, but I am comfortable especially with the lower cost of living in Thailand compared to UK / EU, along with better weather and a feeling of being safer. 

Ditto, but for Laos and for the year 2024 onwards.

I know that NZ is generally regarded as safe place, but the number of shootings amongst the gangs is getting out of hand, also some crazies with fire arms and Incel or Rightist agendas.

Not a bad as the good ol USA, but enough to make me keep buying land in Laos, where gun crime exists, but in very small amounts with little pistols left over from the last century. I once saw two hunters with flintlocks,  barrels about 1.5m long.

I'm not sure how I'll handle the influx of Chinese and everything being in Chinese characters, that will no doubt be prevalent, but then I'm not long for this world, so I can worry about that after I've gone. Also Chinese lasses are pretty too.

2 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

Which makes me think of the price of imported wine in the kingdom.

Ditto Laos, but honestly, Beer Lao over ice, becomes nectar, once you're used to the ice thing. And IMHO, wine is not something I enjoy in +35°C heat 

Were you in air con, for the French Rosé? Or are you not in the Euro heat wave?

8°C in Auckland, depths of winter.

20 hours ago, Coss said:

Ditto Laos, but honestly, Beer Lao over ice, becomes nectar, once you're used to the ice thing. And IMHO, wine is not something I enjoy in +35°C heat 

Were you in air con, for the French Rosé? Or are you not in the Euro heat wave?

8°C in Auckland, depths of winter.

I was in the middle of a 40,2 C heatwave this week, unknown of so far. Sitting on the terrace I had to put ice in the glass, I like drinks cold. When I have first seen the Thai people throwing ice in their beer many moons ago I had the shock of a lifetime but now I do same same once it starts warming up. I also drink red wine only ice cold. The latter makes me sort of an outlaw but it is me who drinks it and if I mix it with mustard or ketchup: up to me again. Never had a problem with booze, limited but regular.

Mr. Mekong explained he moved to Siam to get away from something in the UK. I wouldn´t know what could improve my life taking that decision, probably if married to a local lass might make a big difference. Thought occasionally to live in Portugal but it is not always summer down there; in the end Germany seems the best place for me alltogether. At least as long as there is no 130 km/h general speed limit on the Autobahn 😎.

2 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

I wouldn´t know what could improve my life taking that decision, probably if married to a local lass might make a big difference.

And it does, though of the folk I know, who are still happily married (or other relationship of similar nature, depending on the correct descriptives),  about 50% are still in SEA, the others, are back in their home countrieS, me included for 2 more years, for monetary, health, or other reasons.

The ones in situ (SEA) are generally v happy, the ones ex situ, are similarly, v happy.

I put this down, to them not having to enter into a long term contract, with a well disguised "Karen".

I apologise for the following

Useful guide to "Karen" identification:

does she look like this?

th?id=OIP.oU7O7MSWOqwpmfe_vwAF6wHaE9%26p

• 2 weeks later...

Gentlemen,

time to start another international crisis with potential of endless dispute to survive the next 50 years :

Having watched last night the Women European football - (soccer - ) final which as such has been a pleasure I like to make it absolutely clear that the Germans have - again - been cheated by a referee. Some morally rotten British woman stopped the ball with her arm from flying right into the goal and thus preventing the English team from loosing the game in the end . The Ukrainian referee refused to doublecheck the crime scene on the video. Referee and player shall be put on the list of most wanted criminals.

Apart from this I watched 3 games in total and finally come to the conclusion the the ladies play the more enjoyable football.

I too wanted Germany to win give the hyperbole shown by the British press.

You are being harsh on the Ukrainian referee though. The way VAR (Video Assistant Referee) works is that the incident is reviewed  by the VAR, who is him / herself a qualified referee.
 If VAR deems an offense has taken place then the Video is watched by the game Referee, and  if not it Isn’t.

In this case the VAR rules no offense had occurred and hence the Ukrainian referee was never afforded the luxury of seeing the video

So if you are going to blame anyone blame Paolo Valeri (Italy) who was the VAR and her two assistants one Italian and the other Dutch.

I didn’t see the incident and don’t care, I watch womens Football as much as I watch womens rugby or boxing, i.e. zero.