Britain

Coss

Yahoo News

Why some people are refusing to mourn Queen Elizabeth

During a soccer match at Tallaght Stadium in Dublin, Ireland, on Thursday night — just hours after the death of Queen Elizabeth II — the crowd broke into song.

“Lizzy’s in a box, in a box, Lizzy’s in a box!” they sang.

The death of Britain’s longest-reigning monarch at age 96 was met with an outpouring of tributes from people around the world mourning her passing.

But critics of the crown were quick to point out the royal family’s role in the subjugation of people in countries formerly controlled by Britain, including Ireland, India and Nigeria — sparking an online debate over the monarchy itself...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/queen-elizabeth-death-mourning-refuse-online-debate-174633131.html?.tsrc=fp_deeplink

The Royal Family is not universally loved In the UK, no great surprise there, 

I think the bigger surprise is non UK people thinking they are well liked.

And it is not just people of former commonwealth countries who pissed off with them, but also 9.6% of the UK subjects who were persecuted due to being Catholic. 
As recently as 1974, well within my life time, Catholics could not hold public office, every year in the UK there is an anti Catholic celebration held for Guy Fawkes night, imagine the uproar is there were anti Jew, Muslim, Sikn celebrations, or events being anti Black people or LGBT, but they still have anti Catholic event 

There will be. No tears shed in this household 

Kong, yes what you said.

And I'll add, that the most astounding thing to me, has been the outpouring of joy, no, not sorrow, joy, of:

- anyone who can get in front of a camera, professionally, or as a person in the street.

Some I've noted below...

Grinning and smiling, clutching a corgi, saying "see I've got a Corgi".

Smiling and happy, saying "my mum met her 50 years ago, on a park walk about".

Proud and calm, saying "I've collected every Mug with her image on it since 1963".

And so on.

Every story editor, from every media outlet, has pulled the lever, opening the flood gates, on any story remotely connected to any thing British and Royal.

At the risk of offending the legion of Lizzy-fans, any jokes I may post after this entry, could be too soon, or not, we'll see :)

One thing I'll guarantee, is the stories concerning Prince William and that Hewitt boy, Harry, will blossom into a full blown media obsession, bigger, than they've been and eclipsing any other royal goings on.

And just to add to the "Joyous" theme noted above, I came across the below as a headline that made my bile rise.

"Scotland-based Kiwis to relish Queen Elizabeth II's final journey"

Presumably people are happy to have their bit of countryside be included on the casket's route.

...and this is why people hate the pompous a'holes!!! WTF, grandmother passed away and grandchildren are banned???

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Won't Attend Palace Reception: 'It's for Working Members of the Family'

Stephanie Petit
Sat, September 17, 2022, 9:02 PM

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex attend the National Service of Thanksgiving at St Paul's Cathedral

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex attend the National Service of Thanksgiving at St Paul's Cathedral

Karwai Tang/WireImage Meghan Markle and Prince Harry

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry will not join other members of the royal family at a Buckingham Palace reception for world leaders traveling to London for Queen Elizabeth's funeral.

PEOPLE understands that while the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were initially invited to the event on Sunday, the palace now says the reception is "for working members of the royal family."

Hosted by King Charles and Queen Camilla, the reception will welcome heads of state and official overseas guests who have traveled to London for Queen Elizabeth's state funeral on Monday. About 2,000 people are expected to gather at Westminster Abbey for the event.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/meghan-markle-prince-harry-wont-140212725.html

You make out as if it is only Harry and Meghan, but it isn’t

Princess Anne’s Children, Prince Andrews Children and Prince Edwards Daughter are also not Working Royals and are also not invited.

Harry and Meghan Chose to be “Non Working Royals” and as such this is one of the consequences that they pay, but not the only Grandchild that can’t attend.

I think the fact that this article is in the “Entertainment” section of an American website tells you all you need to know.

The Royal Family are still assholes! Just not for this reason.