Britain

Coss

3 hours ago, The_Munchmaster said:

Just a small point guys, but it's not England who are leaving the EU (they can't as they are not a member of the EU) it's the UK that is leaving!

lol...i stand corrected. I know the Scots, Wales and NI are involved too. The Scots may end up part of the EU if what I understand could happen if they vote accordingly. 

A few of my female friends are Markle fans and can't seem to understand why there seems to be animosity towards her. I don't know what specifically they don't like. I hear rumors of overspending but then the rumors are refuted elsewhere. 

I'm not a fan of hers per se. I liked the tv show Suits she was in but not really a fan of hers personally. 

2 hours ago, Flashermac said:

Here's one take on her, but it basically seems to come down to the fact that she is not British!  :)

https://wfc.tv/en/articles/selebrity/why-does-everyone-hate-meghan-markle

Sort of like the Americans who love immigrants ... unless they happen to be married to Donald Trump.  

Written by a two year old as well it seems.

• 2 weeks later...

Britain condemns Tehran's arrest of UK ambassador

Rob Macaire was detained after attending a vigil for those who died when a passenger plane was shot down on Wednesday.

He left when it turned into a protest before being arrested and accused of helping to organise the demonstrations.

Mr Macaire denied taking part in the protests in a tweet on Sunday.

He said he was attending the vigil because it was "normal to want to pay respects", adding that some of the victims were British.

The ambassador added: "Arresting diplomats is of course illegal, in all countries."

In a statement, Mr Raab said: "The arrest of our Ambassador in Tehran without grounds or explanation is a flagrant violation of international law.

"The Iranian government is at a cross-roads moment. It can continue its march towards pariah status with all the political and economic isolation that entails, or take steps to deescalate tensions and engage in a diplomatic path forwards."

Mr Macaire was arrested and held for three hours when he stopped at a barber shop for a haircut on his way back to the UK embassy.

Under the Vienna Convention, diplomats cannot be detained. The Foreign Office is to demand a full explanation.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-51077897?fbclid=IwAR3fRL0DSEXEXMcOKKbpa08xefTPqDVokoBmYPDbx5lh39QOOO868WnZwPc