Britain

Coss

Police are forced to close Curry Mile AGAIN as hundreds ignore local lockdown in Manchester to attend mass celebration of Afghan Independence Day

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8647175/Police-forced-close-Curry-Mile-hundreds-ignore-local-lockdown-Manchester.html

Always the same old people the BAME fraction of society. And they claim Racism because COVID kills a proportionally higher amount of BAME people and wonder why Greater Manchester is under renewed lockdown.

Some may call me a hypocrite being an expat myself, but I don’t try to impose my vacations, religion or believes on my host country, neither do I pay total disregard to laws and spread infectious diseases.  

Glad I got out when I did

PS Curry Mile in Rusholme is a rite of passage to any young Manc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So what happened to Breit?  -  but wait, more important news - 

New national lockdown expected for England

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is set to hold a press conference at 6am on Sunday (NZ time) alongside his top scientific advisers. He is expected to announce a new national lockdown for England to stem a resurgence of the coronavirus.

Scientists warned Covid-19 hospitalisations and deaths in the UK could soon surpass the levels seen at the outbreak’s spring peak. Johnson's office said the press conference would follow a Cabinet meeting to discuss “the government's coronavirus response”.

&

“It is really unthinkable now, unfortunately, that we don’t count our deaths in tens of thousands from this wave,” Edmunds told the BBC. “The issue is, is that going to be low tens of thousands if we take radical action now or is that going to be the high tens of thousands if we don’t?”

....    https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/300146785/covid19-new-national-lockdown-expected-for-england

a cynical comment - Trump playbook not working any more?

• 2 weeks later...

The Yorkshire Ripper Peter Sutcliffe has died at the age of 74.

The serial killer was serving a whole life term for murdering 13 women across Yorkshire and north-west England.

He died in hospital where he is said to have refused treatment for Covid-19. Sutcliffe also had a number of other underlying health problems

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-54874713

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/11/2018 at 9:10 AM, buffalo_bill said:

None of the make-Britain-great-again promoters did ever come up with a realistic idea how to proceed now. Just remembering the old days with clearing customs for every single shipment from the UK and vice versa makes me think it will kill part of the trade just for the inconvenience. I remember wise old man Stick from NZ thought Britain would be better off without the EU. Don´t think he was right.

Just went through ancient pieces of discussion and came across a poster "  buffalo_bill " spreading negative drivel many moons ago. Although we have to note there seems to have been no visible progress in the meantime. 3 days to go til desaster, Holy Lord.