Britain

Coss

I see that us Middle Earthers have now a trade dealie thingie with the UK.

For background, NZ used to in the '50s and '60s, have a standard of living that was amongst the best in the world. Now, not so much. We poor now.

This was on account of the UK, taking all our lamb, butter, beef, and anything else we could grow. And some of our girls.

When the UK joined, the EU, it was all down the toilet.

Now we have an opportunity to send all our stuff to the UK again, with no tariffs and maybe, a return to the high table.

But the cynic in me thinks, that some multi national like Nestle, will snaffle the lot and make sure Joe Lunchbox sees nothing.

1 hour ago, Mekong said:

The Girls were chucked in for free hoping the UK wouldn’t notice.

Whats the crap about the Hakka only being able to be performed by Moaris in the UK as part of this deal?

Thought this Haka nonsense was a joke, sadly not. So Maori will not be able to use cars, phones or computers then as that would be cultural appropriation. There again if your main contribution to the world is an embarrassing dance maybe they should hang onto it, what about all those crappy Maori tattoos idiots get?

Cultural appropriation is like taking offence, it's what they say it is. I once asked the corporate lawyer, what sexual harrasment was, in the work place, "whatever she says it is".

Also French with Champagne and various cheeses etc, I believe Britain has trademarked various foods etc as well so that the names are not appropriated...

Tartan, oh well....

However, I for one, appreciate the Haka, as a challenge, (note it is not a dance) that sets the stage for meetings or battles between two groups and as a sign of respect, for, amongst others, the fallen.

Normally weapons would be carried. Bearing in mind that the Polynesian cultures did not have metal, prior to European contact, so Taiahas and Meres would have meted out a round beating.

If people think that it shouldn't be used by the All Blacks, then as has been said, the Lions are welcome to do a Morris Dance.

2 hours ago, Mekong said:

The Girls were chucked in for free hoping the UK wouldn’t notice.

Much like the brain drain from NZ to Australia, improving the average IQ of both countries, the Kiwi lasses that were eagerly sought in the UK, improved the standard of beauty in both locations.