Best Ways To Manage Your Traveling Money.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't want your trips cut short, you got to a take her hand in marriage :surprised: ... and buy her a house and a luxury European car, both in her name :shocked: . If you are lucky, your trip may last a few years. [There was a sad story in the news about a guy who actually did this a while back]

I'm more interested in a trip of a shorter duration like a week, For funds, I use the ATM as the primary, credit card along with little cash as secondary. The ATM card I use (Charles Schwab) will refund to my account all ATM fees.

Seeing this is on cars and quality at the moment, I add a comment or two.

I live next to a chap who writes for a news org. about cars. As a result he gets to drive all the latest models for a few days, c/o the manufacturers. So I often get to see the latest in autos, parked next door. I have been surprised about how crap these $100K~$200K cars are when new.

e.g. I always liked the idea of an Audi A8/S8, but in the flesh, not so much, performance aside, things like there's no USB for your phone, you have to use the cigarette lighter socket to charge your phone. In this day and age, not what you expect.

So on the topic of British cars, in this thread, I just saw the latest and greatest Range Rover, and as I'm devoted to giving you all the best information I can, have a look at these photos of the flush door handles, all 4 handles were ill fitted, again, not what you'd expect in a brand new $200K car.

post-1447-0-22621900-1532381491_thumb.jpg

post-1447-0-97110200-1532381497_thumb.jpg

Great Build Quality, I know it's not Leyland chaps in cloth caps doing this any more, but FFS...

Air and hotel booked ahead of time are either on my credit card to paid at the nearest 7-11. Everything else is paid in cash, usually taken from my Thai bank or in some cases my Schwab One account which refunds the ATM fees at the end of every month. Ok, when desperate an cash advance on a credit card is utilized, but that's expensive.

I bought her a European car and she left me. :dunno:

61RoeKPH23L._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

If you bought a NZ woman a Fiat 500, she'd prostrate herself before you and exude gratitude from every orifice, such is our Antipodean awe for things made by workers of other, particularly European countries.

If you bought a NZ woman a Fiat 500, she'd prostrate herself before you and exude gratitude from every orifice, such is our Antipodean awe for things made by workers of other, particularly European countries.

That's why! I always pictured NZ women like the only other New Zealandites I know, small Lord of the Ring types. Figured they liked small cars due to that. :beer: