Saudi Arabia Crucifies Myanmar Man Convicted Of Murder

Flashermac

Necessaty

There was little work in Thailand / SE Asia at the time and in those days I only had less than 20 years experience unlike my 38+ years now, so I bit the bullet so to speak.

Face? Probably, I left the UK in 1988 saying “I won’t be back to live†so no way I could have returned and “Walked down my home street†without loosing credit.

Because Saudi was so bad and people back then didn’t want to go one tended to get promoted in Terms of position and responsibility which would not have happened in EU or SE Asia and having experience / demonstrat d the fact of holding a position and having stuck it out has gone a long way in getting me where I am today.

I could say that it was a strategic short term sacrifice for a long term goal but I would be talking utter bollox, I was desperate for $ at the time nothing more, nothing less, back then I didn’t know my arse from my elbow but just what was required (legally) to finance my continued stay in Thailand.

I would never go back, not only Saudi but the Middle East as a whole, over 8 years now since I had “Sand on my Boots†in Qatar, I have work d go the Saudis since such as a Resident Engineer in Madrid For them (nice little earner that one) and that was 7 years back.

Fast Forward 2018, on a 5 day 40hour week as compared to a 6 day 60 hour week in Middle East and banking more $ per month , been in Vietnam for 5 years now and will stay until they tell me to leave

"Because Saudi was so bad and people back then didn’t want to go one tended to get promoted in Terms of position and responsibility which would not have happened in EU or SE Asia ..."

I had a friend who after his company lost their contract was the only one willing to stay on with the new company. Everyone else had said sod Saudi and left. As a result, he became the new manager. :)

• Like 1

Reminds me of the story a few years back

https://moti.news/video/video-woman-beheaded-in-broad-daylight-in-saudi-arabia

I guarantee the rape of the young old was carried out by a family member or friend and blamed the maid and the broom stick to cover themselves from suspicion.

Wonder if this was a similar situation :dunno:

I knew a Pakistani who had worked in Saudi. Despite being a Muslim himself, he despised the Saudis. He said that during Ramadan, the Saudis would sleep during the day and pig out eating at night. Meanwhile, the foreign Muslims working there had to go without food or even water during the hottest hours of the day.

"Because Saudi was so bad and people back then didn’t want to go one tended to get promoted in Terms of position and responsibility which would not have happened in EU or SE Asia ..."

I had a friend who after his company lost their contract was the only one willing to stay on with the new company. Everyone else had said sod Saudi and left. As a result, he became the new manager. :)

And that is the top and bottom of it, you don’t need to be an A1 person but just bite ones tongue and put up with shite, my putting up with crap is directly proportional to fiscal renumeration.

In VN I get shite but so what, they hate me I am a foreign spy haha, yes so what as long as I get paid monthly I don’t give a toss, the hard nosed contractor that I am, at least I can legally get a beer after work