Mom Detained In Dubai After Drinking Complimentary Glass Of Wine On Emirates Flight

cavanami

....and Dubai was said to be more liberal than other countries in that area?

Mom detained in Dubai after drinking complimentary glass of wine on Emirates flight

A mother from Kent, England, and her young daughter were jailed in Dubai for three days – where she was allegedly denied water and forced to clean toilets – after she admitted to drinking a glass of wine on the incoming Emirates flight from London....

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/08/10/mom-detained-in-dubai-after-drinking-complimentary-glass-wine-on-emirates-flight.print.html

Why not read the full Story instead of sensational and incorrect headlines

She is not from Kent England but Malmo Sweden and married to a Brit from Kent England, she was traveling on her Swedish Passport and not a UK one.

Swedish passport holders require a visa for UAE, Brits don’t her visa had expired

She was told to return to UK, denied entry, instead of accepting this she started to argu with the immigration official and then proceeded to VDO such i.e. she was being a prick

If I was to go to th USA (heaven forbid) without a visa argue the toss with immigration and start filming it I could expect my sad arse to be slung into jail and rightly so

The headline should read Swedish woman went to Dubai without a Visa was denied entry and told to go back where she came from, instead of doing the right thing she started mouthing off and grabbed her mobi to video it but such a headline would not be click bait for FOX NEWS

• Like 1

How does one board an airplane with an improper visa? shame on the airline.

Now, she is free to leave and the charges dropped...

"...However, perhaps due to heavy coverage of this story in the U.K. press, Holman was told in a telephone call Saturday that she can leave Dubai at any time and will not face any charges. The Dubai government also apologized and said it will pay for the flights home, the Daily Mail reports..."

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mom-daughter-held-dubai-drank-complimentary-glass-wine-plane-150211451.html

Fox is a mixture. All the US news sources are biased one way or another these days. I prefer to get my US news from the foreign media.

Meaning the Guardian or as it was known as “The Manchester Guardianâ€

Not saying that because it is my home City either

That's one. Wish they had page 3 girls though. (.)(.)

All of the world's major papers are on line now. Many papers have even stopped their print editions!

I used to make extra money freelancing for magazines and newspapers. That's just about come to an end these days, and most either use their staff writers or get the news from wire services. Several of the magazines I used to contribute to have actually gone out of business. I'm owed money from them, which I'll never see.