EPL 2018/19

Mekong

I have given up with my team already this season 

Manchester United.  ...    I feel like supporting United is like having a tortoise as a pet. I had a tortoise, and they are not entertaining to watch. You don't watch them, but you know you have got a bit of responsibility to show some interest.

"That is what I do with United. I keep an eye on them.”

"I don't watch them every game because, at the minute, that is a waste of 90 minutes. I just look at the result and if they win it is a bonus, I have no expectations any more."

My soccer connection these days is following my 15 yo son, he plays on the under 18 team already, looks like he has a bit of talent. Down in Phuket this weekend for an inter schools tournament, ostensibly to watch him play and chaperone 17 yo daughter and her 2 friends but will no doubt have some fun too 😁

Who needs EPL with this life 😂

• 4 weeks later...

Man City's title to lose. Liverpool poses the biggest threat but City have so much depth, their backups could get top 6 or 7 probably if coached right. This is what money from non football sources gets you. Man Utd may be minted but they earned the money from football operations. Chelsea and City haven't. People will bring up Blackburn in the '90s but their owner didn't have the resources for a long, sustained commitment. 

There is some talk my beloved Arsenal may now be considered challengers because we have won 11 on the bounce, but no, we are not for a reasons. First, our defense is still weak. Second, we haven't played and beaten any club in the top 5. Our goal is to get back to CL football. Its way too early for title chasing. If we get in that position, fine but I don't think it should or is a goal for us now. 

The money City was arbitrarily given to get it to this point, is disappointing as a football fan. Its bought and paid for. 

Really good game for the fans as well as neutrals in the Arsenal vs Liverpool match. A few missed calls on both sides. Arsenal started off very well and next to City, playing the most in form club in the PL  

The difference between the first match and now is light and day. The Arsenal shouldn't be considered challengers. Top 4 is what we need to get back to. If we pick up a domestic cup as well, then great but top 4 is what we need to get back to. 

The defense is our weak point and Emery knows this.  The attack is good and only needs a tweak here or there (the right side)

City and Chelsea to play today. Every season since 2004, I wait anxiously till all the clubs suffer at least a loss. Its silly but it's something that gives me a mild amount of anxiety and City look like they could go unbeaten it one of these days as unlikely that may seem. 

A manager who is not really mentioned for a turnaround is Sarri at Chelsea. Chelsea were 5th last season, 30 points off pace and he has made them challengers again with just a summer under his belt. He started off well and when he builds his team they will be formidable again. They look good already. I'd love to get Fabregas back to finish his career back at Arsenal but it won't happen. My favorite player when he was with us after Henry left. 

I'd like to commend this thread in it's efforts to comply with 'Kong's "only Thailand" posts dictum.

Two of seven (now eight) posts, manages to tie this thread to Thailand, the other posts being about some game, for non rugby players, in England or somewhere....

Still watching a Tortoise, United have to go a goal down before they remember they are in a match, sort of holy shit let’s play. Newcastle 2 down and won, Chelsea Draw, Everton one down and won Bourmouth same same.

Mourinho is a good Manager but not a United Manager, Busby called it right “Your Supporters have worked 5 1/2 days in the yard, entertain them give them something to cheer”

i cant see Chelsea keeping it up, between City and Liverpool. Both teams are entertaining to watch where as United are a cure for insomnia. I am a football supporter who likes to see good play unfortunately my team have not shown such post Fergie era

18 hours ago, Coss said:

I'd like to commend this thread in it's efforts to comply with 'Kong's "only Thailand" posts dictum.

Two of seven (now eight) posts, manages to tie this thread to Thailand, the other posts being about some game, for non rugby players, in England or somewhere....

...and the the sport discussed is primarily played by school girls in America. ;)