The End of Pax Europa?

Steve

I'm not saying the right is taking over now but the fact that they are serious challengers in various countries in certain areas, is in itself, remarkable. UKIP won't ever elect a PM but they are bigger than expected for example. Le Pen is far bigger than expected given its France and its reputation for 'liberty' and being a home of diverse peoples for decades if not centuries. 

EU can break its own rules. If Italy, Spain and Greece falter, who knows that that would bring. I'm not saying of this is going to happen tomorrow but the various trends, etc, are getting bigger rather than smaller. There are just too many things happening at the same time to simply dismiss the very real possibility of an EU in severe crisis if and its not such a big if, some things come to fruition, most probable is a very deep recession throughout its member states. 

Bear in mind a deep recession/economic crash will be global as we are far more connected than at anytime globally. The U.S. is possibly the most vulnerable with a gargantuan debt and the very risk that the dollar may end up being not being the world' reserve currency when all is said and done (if China and Russia have any say in it). 

Just my humble Opinion ::

The republicans and the morons of the USA, in electing the fuckwit with the urine stained hair, have allowed the political aspirants of the rest of the world, some hope for getting elected, if they emulate the base and "right-ish" fat man dance, that seems to have worked so well in the States.

Even here in little old NZ, our right of centre National party leader (in opposition currently), a man of some talent and ability, educated and very bright, is putting forward a 'yokel' persona, with pronunciation from the uneducated, so as to be able to emulate , what is seen as successful in the States.

I don't know if this is as obvious, in the Europe part of the world, but I suspect it is widespread.

What will return us all to the world of the reasoned and urbane, will be the removal of the, stale urine smelling old moron, from the oval office in the states. Then the world can get back to, attempting to move in a civilised direction.

11 hours ago, Coss said:

You're still young, you'd be perfect.

Most people wouldn't like my politics.  I'm firmly in the David Seymour camp.  Personal responsibility and personal freedom is what I believe in and ACT is the only party in NZ with that philosophy and they less than 1% of the vote.