The (Real) Leader of The "Free" World

Steve

Since WW2, the most powerful leader in the world has been the sitting U.S. President. However, can we honestly say that holds true now? Is Trump more powerful Than Xi of China? By powerful, I mean in various categories. America may still lead China economically and militarily globally but does that equate to overall power? Seems nonsensical but I would suggest that more nations would willingly or reluctantly side with China. Africa is thoroughly owned by China. Countries with close economical ties to America, friendly to America, now have China as its biggest trade partners. These include Korea (both of them), Brazil, Japan, and China enjoys either leading trade partner or second place with growth to become first with others such as India, South Africa, Australia, the EU, Philippines, etc, 

China's unprecedented, extraordinarily ambitious  New Silk Road initiative may cement this century squarely as their century. Some people say they are sitting on a huge housing bubble that will pop and it will end all that but why should it? America has had bubbles as well and still emerged as the world's premier power? It's self proclaimed "Leader of the Free World"?  What has kept America's power isn't so much its military strength but the dollar being the world's reserve currency. 

This may (and some economists and political scientists say definitely will) end. China as well as Russia and the BRICS countries are trying to end it. Some say Obama's TPP was a last gasp attempt to hold on to Asia economically. 

Iran is working to remove the dollar as the reserve currency to buy oil for obvious reasons. There have been attempts to remove it but China now has not only the economic might but also important allies in removing it. 

The next crash that the economists I've read expect by 2020 will be so severe that America will not recover with its prior power intact. The pentagon supposedly has a paper written about what America's role will be after China eclipses it in GNP/GDP. 

So, is Xi now the most powerful leader of the world? Or is it Trump. 

On 10/27/2018 at 5:51 PM, chocolat steve said:

So, is Xi now the most powerful leader of the world? Or is it Trump. 

Certainly not Trump although US President. Problem being that by far the majority of the world´s population rightly thinks he is an idiot. Many a people hoping the US shall recover from this desaster and ready to support a reasonable US citizen leading the free world again. I am waiting.

Many economist and political scientists and even the CIA allegedly in a report say that America should prepare for a world where its not the premier leading power. There is nothing to indicate Xi is going to lose power and even after Trump, neither American political party are prepared to address endemic and systemic issues within America, largely because they both serve the same God, corporations and rich individuals. 

China are much better prepared to recover and succeed after the next crash. Which most expect by 2020. Xi is basically leader for life and has a iron fisted hold on the country. 

Even if by some miracle Bernie Sanders runs and wins, it won't be enough. The courts and congress of both parties won't support much of his ideas. The democratic establishment have plotted against him. Word is Hillary is going to run again in 2020. That will end in disaster. The only way I can see her winning is if she runs as a populist with a populist running mate. 

4 hours ago, Mekong said:

I am Confused   ...   How Can China be classed as "The Free World?

AFAIK the "Free" comes from Free Speech, Free Press, Freedom of Assembly and Freedom of Association, not traits synonymous with the Chinese Regime

Hence "free" is in quotations in the title. Play on words. A mismomer to some extent.