I am out

Mekong

Whilst I can appreciate the theory that

{if subject ≠ related to Thailand :: it should not be posted...}

That theory falls apart when it becomes

{subject can be anything, but ≠ USA}

I reckon we could stop the USA talking in here but in return you'd have to take a strict interpretation on the "only Thai" dictum and stop blathering on about English football and historic hovercraft adventure..s

vis 

1 hour ago, Coss said:

Whilst I can appreciate the theory that

{if subject ≠ related to Thailand :: it should not be posted...}

That theory falls apart when it becomes

{subject can be anything, but ≠ USA}

I reckon we could stop the USA talking in here but in return you'd have to take a strict interpretation on the "only Thai" dictum and stop blathering on about English football and historic hovercraft adventure..s

vis 

Coss 

it is all about levels of content, the occasional posting about football or even hovercrafts (my pet subject) are that a posting per week if that, much akin to welly whanging and cow pat tossing. 

What I get pissed off about is numerous postings about USA politics and whether Trumps rival washed his hands after taking a leak it is Overkill 

I've stopped posting much, it's nt the USA stuff, that was all in one thread, great! It's all the other shit, Coss, it's very weird you say take a loose view, when you post nothing but non thai stuff and many posts a day, 

I didn't think Mekong would leave, but it's just no fun if it's not thai, fuck, I can go talk about UK/NA/ Etc anywhere else on the web, why do it here and fuck up what was once a great board, 

Yep, it what it was, but why not either let it die respectfully, or try and keep it going

• 2 weeks later...

They say it takes 10 years to become expert in something - I've been going nigh on 13 years.  I speak better than a native, I've been through all that disillusionment you need to power through to survive all the valleys and hills of enlightenment that is Thai society.  I've had my heart broken, I've suffered multiple travails  only to come out on top.  In short, I've been incredibly lucky.  It seems I own half the country side (or at least my wife does), and it's expanding at an exponential rate.  As you know I'm a surgeon, and I volunteer my time and expertise quite readily. 

Well things, well it's not quite the sylvan setting I paint, we have refreshments on the balcony over looking the Mekong.  And these are some of the happiest times of my life.  

So more to the point - if you're not happy, please leave - but I will miss you.