PLOENCHIT FAIR 2018

cavanami

PLOENCHIT FAIR
24 november 2018

TO BE HELD IN THE GROUNDS OF THE BRITISH EMBASSY

What is the Ploenchit Fair?

The Ploenchit Fair is quite simply Bangkok’s Big Day Out. Arguably the biggest Fair in Asia, it has been part of the social scene in Thailand since the first Fair was held in The British Embassy in 1957.

Everybody comes to the Ploenchit Fair – the theme is a traditional British fairground and it is a day to meet all your friends, pick up some fabulous bargains, sample great international cuisine, exhaust the children with a variety of fun fair games and rides, or just knock back some champagne, cold beer or even Pimms while enjoying great bands who perform throughout the afternoon on the main stage.

Where is the Fair being held?

This year the Fair will take place in the grounds of the British Embassy on Wireless Road, Bangkok

image.png.332535ba5e786a11cb65b72443f2c636.png

TO BE HELD IN THE GROUNDS OF THE BRITISH EMBASSY

If you look at the map it is a tough place to get to. Just east of the river but no BTS going near there and I expect there will be no parking.

They should have kept it at the school in BangNa....500 baht admission, guess they don't want people to attend?

Looks like I will give it a miss...

• Like 1

Cav

Cav,

Have not been to the new Brit Embassy, didn’t actually realized it had moved to be honest, all I used to use them for was passport renewal and that got farmed out a few years back.

If I ever needed the Embassy I would more likely to use the Consulate in Ha Noi then Bangkok Embassy Since I am spending over 80% of the year in Vietnam at present

a