How do I get rid of spammer on Face Book?

Flashermac

I got a friend request from someone I know, only to discover that it is some bunghole Nigerian or whatever  posing as him. The real friend told me he'd been hacked. The fake person doesn't appear in my FB friends, but is on messenger. How do I get rid of the fake friend? I goggled for it, but found nothing useful.

Oh, well ... never mind. I ignored the advice on google and finally figured it out myself. He had a real photo of the friend, whom I haven't since in years, and it appeared to be real.  Well, ... except the "friend" immediately started to try to interest me into some clearly shady financial scheme. If only it were true that major organisations are dying to give me free money.  :wink:

I know that people find facebook useful. I don't, I've never found it anything other, than a thieving of my details, to be spread about the world. So I don't use it.

People who matter to me have my email, my phone number and in extremely rare cases, knowledge of my persona on this board and one other.

Anything else, is not available to the Zuckerberg Chlorites of the world, no matter how rich they are.