Air Pollution BKK to Pattaya - Where to Next

gawguy

Been coming to Pattaya happily 15 yrs. A few months here and a few months in USA. Back and forth. I'm well set in both places.

I just arrived a few days ago into this Bejing-like air pollution and I see news that it will last another 30 days because of the weather pattern. I know from experience with fires in the US that such predictions just mean "We don't know. Maybe 30 days, maybe a lot more."

My THING is exercise, along with those other THINGS we do. I walk 3 - 5 miles a day and I swim in the big pool behind the condo I rent.

I can't do it in this level of pollution. So where can I go for sanuk and exercise ? ?

I was in Phuket a few times about 18 yr ago. A cheap, basic bungalow around Karon Beach. What I want now would be not too expensive, relaxed, no charge for female visitors. Anywhere in Phuket.

Some suggestions Please. Phuket or elsewhere.

Thanks,

GG

So after I put up my original post while the air was bad and the forecast was for a lot more of the same... the next night after I posted, the air cleared. I went for a walk at the beach and could see for miles. Since then the index has been hanging around 100, sometimes lower - between 93 and 114. The mornings after a night of dead air are the worst. I have good N95 masks that fit tight and keep out smoke so I can wear those whenever I need to. I'm very relieved. I don't want to go somewhere else.

Thanks for the responses,

GG

• Like 1