American backpacker in Chiang Mai PUNCHES hotel staff after refusing to pay for girl he brought back to his bed

Flashermac

According to the footage shared on Reddit by user EatPrayFart, after a night out the backpacker had taken a girl back to the mixed dorm room he shared with 9 other people. The report alleges the pair then had sex.

The following morning the man was asked to leave the hostel with staff also demanding he pay 200 baht for allowing girl to stay in the dorm.

The man refused and the altercation, which was caught on camera, took place in the reception of the hostel. In the footage, the man can clearly be seen punching a member of staff from the hostel before being restrained by another Westerner.

The report also suggested the man was later arrested and taken into custody by police.

The report posted on Reddit read:

Here’s the story: guy books bed in 10 person mixed dorm. Guy goes out at night. Guy thinks Chiang Mai nightlife sucks cause the bars close at 12am. Guy finds out there’s a club that closes at 4am. Guy has too many drinks. Guy meets western tourist girl. Guy wants to have sex with western tourist girl. Guy thinks it’s ok to bring said girl to his dorm bed. Guy has sex in the dorm room at 4am. Guy thinks ‘I’m the man’. Guy is kicked out in the morning and charged for bringing the girl to his bed. Guy does not want to pay extra 200 baht ( ~$6.25). Guy thinks this is unfair. Guy resorts to using his fists. Guy punches Thai man in the face. Guy complains his shoulder hurts. Guy gets taken to Thai jail. Guy hasn’t been seen since.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1085709-american-backpacker-in-chiang-mai-punches-hotel-staff-after-refusing-to-pay-for-girl-he-brought-back-to-his-bed/?fbclid=IwAR3_l7SV-b9zo8SBuqTdM002x7Y44DEWKcQI28NiEK6MaPS3Axlit116SC0

He is extremely lucky that other westerner intervened. 

It just shows the arrogance of this guy - 200 baht!!!   Just pay it and move on.  Look I know not all Americans are like this, they are usually very generous people, but this guy is giving Americans a very bad name.  Jesus Christ!!!  Welching on a debt of 200 frigging baht!  And then criminally assaulting a staff member.  

I hope he rots in jail.  It will give him a new perspective on life. 

And he should thank the westerner you stepped in to protect his stupid arse. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

what a flid (only a brit over 40 will get this!) 

Indeed 😀

My mum was offered it when I was brewing but she'd had my sister a few years before so knew how to handle the symptoms. Never been one for meds meself either.

• Like 1