American backpacker in Chiang Mai PUNCHES hotel staff after refusing to pay for girl he brought back to his bed

Flashermac

Yeah I think the slur aspect lasted for a good deal longer than the shit was being prescribed. I'd agree with Mekong that mostly the over 50's would know it but certainly would be recognisable to under 50's, maybe some even younger with less recognition of how it came into use.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thalidomide

No doubt so much of that sort of childish playground tormenting was done without any thought or consideration, like you said, really mean. It's interesting that people use language without any real thought for where it comes from, its origin and background.

Pussy is a good one. Hands up all those who simply view calling someone a pussy as referencing them to female genitalia when in fact the word is Pusi and is a simple shortening of the word pusillanimous. It's really okay to call someone pusi if they fit the meaning.

• Confused 1

You're forgetting some people read.  This is demonstrated clearly here by the use of a barely known word - Flid. 

I'm honoured to be a member of this board because there are some highly intelligent people here, just a few to name, Flashy, Mekong, Radioman, et al.  Each I respect in a very much different way.  I know, even though my first post was as far back a 2005, it's been guided this life by all these weird and wonderful things by these mentors such as they are.  

They're not perfect, nor am I - it's sounds twee that's understandable.  

I met an Angel down in Queens, she had a broken wing.