RTAF museum piece crashes

radioman

An AU23 Peacemaker crashed down south Tuesday afternoon

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/security/1639594/old-air-force-plane-crashes?utm_source=bangkopost.com&utm_medium=article_news&utm_campaign=most_recent_box

That these planes are flying on active service with an air farce that has probably one of largest numbers of senior ranks says something. The thing is 47 years old, I don;t sleep with women that old!

It fits  though with what I have seen on visits to active sites here where equipment typically averages 40-50 years old and in some cases older, the 66 year old beacon at one site being a case in point. Though some equipment gets upgraded from time to time it's usually on a cheap scrag end budget leftover. So much of the military, the air farce in particular, is totally crippled with nothing more than a hobbled museum of hardware. Whatever the military budget might be its utterly wasted.

This is true, I believe some 70 of the original several hundred remain in service however they are massively modified and probably unrecognisable other than the exterior. Certainly the airframe has lasted well. It seems in the case of the B-52 you have to think about what the need for such an aircraft truly is, certainly it's mission has changed dramatically since inception. Plenty of other older aircraft in service but lots of much much newer ones as well.

1 hour ago, buffalo_bill said:

Mistake

Aha, more erudite wisdom, and I was perhaps a bit tongue in cheek with my comment. I would agree women of a certain age can indeed offer an exemplary performance when compared with some of their younger sisters. I'm not at 47 yet though, mid 30's through to early 40's is my preferred field of operations and I don't doubt they improve further. I still like a respectable 10-15 year gap though but I'm sure I will get there.