Thai post

Coss

In the continuing lottery that is Thai post, I am waiting for an item that was posted in LOS some 7 weeks ago, so I thought I'd use Mr Google, to see if any issues were evident with the key words "Thai, Post, Delay"

And I found this:

"The following items are prohibited and will be destroyed by Thai Authorities:

E-cigarettes

Personal massagers

TV streaming boxes (e.g. Chromecast, Apple TV etc)"

Really? In a world of terrorism, human trafficking and drugs, they will seek out and destroy E-cigs, Dildos and Apple TVs?

A friend tried to order some vitamins from the States. Thai Customs stopped them and seized more than half of the items, including such "dangerous" things as Vitamin C - non-corn source. Not one of the items he'd ordered was in any way dangerous, but some were banned in Thailand anyway.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-47619666/george-w-bush-immigration-is-a-blessing-and-a-strength

Some years ago I had vitamins sent to me via UPS and they got stopped at Don Muang, yes, it was a while ago.. I ended up making three trips to the airport, all the fays they were held in customs I had to pay a daily fee.
UPS did absolutely zero to assist me.
I finally got to the proper person in customs, showed them the cost, paid a small duty and rescued my vitamins.

Lesson learned, never use UPS to ship to Thailand

In the past, I've tried to avoid using post, to or from Thailand (and Laos as it goes through Thailand's post system), I've had packages opened and stolen from. But in this instance, the sender sent the package before I could intervene. 

Clothing and a small amulet. Whoo hoo!, what's the odds that the package arrives, with only the clothing stolen and the amulet in situ?

I get a box of cigars shipped from my son to me (using Thai names) about 2 - 3 times a month.  Had one seized back in August, and one in December, all the rest arrived intact and (fairly) timely.  Went to customs in December and they allowed me to pay the tax and take the cigars but warned us (again) that no more would be allowed.  Didn't bother to try to collect the August box and it just was received back in the states last week!

Have tried many ways and found the  best way is to use a Thai name on the return address, and delivery address, keep the box reasonably small (mine hold 36 large cigars) and describe as personal gift value under $10.  

• 1 year later...

Sir,

politically we might show minor differences but nonetheless I am fully prepared to show you local Bangkok possibilities to buy and later consume food that solves your deficits originating from fabricated industrial food. Here talking for example about the grocery market close to Bumrungrhad (sp?) hospital. Take motorcycle taxi I propose. Consequence would be preparing your meals on a domestic oven. Do you have Thai wife ?