My iPhone doesn't like me.

Flashermac

All right, IT swots. It's Mr Thickie again. The WIFI unit at my apartment building melted in the heat or something and had to be replaced. I have no problem with my PC. (Surprise!) But now my phone won't connect to the new router (or whatever). Since phones come these days with virtually no instruction manuals, how do I change the @#$%^! phone to connect with the new system? It got to be something simple, though obviously that means it's still complicated for me.    :dunce:

Thanks. But now it tells me my user name or password isn't correct. But it's the same as the WIFI for my PC. As I said, my phone doesn't like me.  :(

It's a 5,000 baht OPPO phone, the best seller at the shop ... and something even I can afford. It worked fine before they changed the WIFI.

I'll ask in the office if they know anything.

It could be the same WiFi as your PC is connected to but then again maybe not, quite, precisely. If the new router is dual band, and I'd say it's quite likely your wizzbang phone is most likely dual band even with identical SSID names the two wireless bits could/might/maybe have different passwords.

Get into the Settings/WiFi section and wait until it shows a list of all the routers it can see then be sure to choose precisely the same one as the PC. If you are on the same SSID and the same band 2.4GHz vs 5GHz then the password has to be the same.

Could it be that what you think the password is on the PC is actually different in reality. Try disconnecting, forgetting the connection and then re-connecting so you have to enter your password again to be sure you have it right.

Why don't you just take it to MBK?  I'm a technical person myself, but you can spend endless wasted hours on this type of thing.  Pay a small fee and let those guys handle it.  Saves you a headache, also it will probably be the price of one or two pints at the Morning Star;  and you get a nice feeling of helping the economy.   A true win win situation.

P.S.: My father worked on the team that developed the mobile at Motorola. He was a pioneering electrical engineer, and I still mind of him ranting about this conference where the marketeers where describing them as credit cards with antennas.  I buy the cheap 'dumb' phones because the battery lasts at least a week.  We're back pacing without even knowing it.

• Like 1

Well, I took my phone to the local computer shop - which is quite good. I told the owner my problem, so he took my phone and immediately logged it onto his WIFI. No charge. That means it's the WIFI at my apartment building that is effed up again. What a surprise.  :(