Julian Assange: Wikileaks co-founder arrested in London

Mekong

UK judge refuses US extradition request of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/300198157/uk-judge-refuses-us-extradition-request-of-wikileaks-founder-julian-assange

A British judge has rejected the United States' request to extradite WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange to face espionage charges, saying it would be “oppressive'' because of his mental health.

District Judge Vanessa Baraitser said Monday Assange was likely to commit suicide if sent to the US

The US government said it would appeal the decision.

US prosecutors have indicted Assange on 17 espionage charges and one charge of computer misuse over WikiLeaks' publication of leaked military and diplomatic documents a decade ago. The charges carry a maximum sentence of 175 years in prison.....

---

If they're worried about his mental health, maybe they could keep him in Epstein's old cell...

And if I'm ever arrested for anything, my defence will be - "I'll commit suicide if you hold me accountable for my actions"

And in more schadenfreude

A British judge denied bail for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, just days after she rejected a US request to extradite him to America.

The US said it would appeal against the decision on Monday and asked for Assange to be remanded in custody while that process was ongoing.

Judge Vanessa Baraitser said in her Wednesday ruling that "there are substantial grounds for believing that if Mr. Assange is released today he would fail to surrender to court and face the appeal proceedings."

____

Now if I wanted to release all the stuff that Assange has done, all the stuff that 'merica is so upset about, I'd find away to do so, without my name appearing with it, and I definitely wouldn't liaise with any political campaigns and run and jump and attention whore myself, in front of cameras and media.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And in the next episode of "Assange seeks Stardom", he's now persuaded some fruit loop to marry him in Prison.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/uk/300548575/wikileaks-founder-julian-assange-gets-married-in-small-ceremony-at-london-prison

“Every part of this private event is being intensely policed, from our guest list to the wedding picture,” Moris wrote in the Guardian newspaper on Wednesday (local time) ahead of the wedding.

Coss Comment: Small ceremony, because the request for a 350 person ceremony and reception, was declined...

Stella Moris said the ceremony was "a declaration of love and resilience”.

“This is not a prison wedding, it is a declaration of love and resilience in spite of the prison walls, in spite of the political persecution, in spite of the arbitrary detention, in spite of the harm and harassment inflicted on Julian and our family,” she wrote.

Coss Comment: Not a Prison Wedding, because the aspiring game show contestants, viewed the prison walls, with spiteful and derogatory sneers.

1648053263858.jpg?format=pjpg&optimize=m

"in spite of the harm and harassment inflicted on Julian and our family,” she wrote."

Coss Comment: So now the accepted definition of Family in the UK must be: "Prisoner incarcerated and un-attached woman, pining,  outside prison walls, for years, form some sort of understanding.

34 minutes ago, Mekong said:

your comments about her are a bit harsh.

Coming from the master of harsh, I feel complimented, smile on dial :)

Her relationship has always been one of, him inside, her outside, the earlier embassy confinement, being notable for, allowing her in for plenty of shagging.

So? Yes but we do it, without trying constantly to get Khardashian volumes, of 'look at me' whoredom attention.

I return to some of the earlier posts in this thread.

vis

District Judge Michael Snow wasted no time in finding him guilty of breaching his bail conditions, flatly rejecting his assertion that he had not had a fair hearing and a reasonable excuse for not appearing.  "Mr. Assange's behaviour is that of a narcissist who cannot get beyond his own selfish interests," Snow said. "He hasn't come close to establishing 'reasonable excuse.'"

and

It has to be remembered, that the other founding members, of WikiLeaks, have not gone on, to  seek Attention Whore - Kardashian status - and to my knowledge are not facing imprisonment and worse :)

Other known members who are/were Wikileaks - Sarah Harrison, Kristinn Hrafnsson and Joseph Farrell , Ingi Ragnar Ingason, Gavin MacFadyen.