North Korea test-fires a new tactical-guided weapon

Coss

1 hour ago, Flashermac said:

I've never seen anything like that before, and I've been around for three-quarters of a century.

That's because has never been someone so unsuited to the office of POTUS, in the job before, even the real bastards of the past were good at what they did.

2 hours ago, Flashermac said:

But do they try to keep his cabinet members from dining in public? Stage protests at their home? Call for them to be hounded any time they go out in public? I've never seen anything like that before, and I've been around for three-quarters of a century.

Separate issue that I may address as this is specific to Trump's North Korea efforts. If you may recall, Trump as well as members of Congress were openly advocating for the Nobel Peace prize after the first meeting he initiated with the North Korean leader. So, for now, lets focus on that and let's establish that his failure so far with them, has nothing to do with Democrat opposition. 

48 minutes ago, chocolat steve said:

Separate issue that I may address as this is specific to Trump's North Korea efforts. If you may recall, Trump as well as members of Congress were openly advocating for the Nobel Peace prize after the first meeting he initiated with the North Korean leader. So, for now, lets focus on that and let's establish that his failure so far with them, has nothing to do with Democrat opposition. 

Democrats Childishly Resist Trump’s North Korea Efforts

The Dems are not hindering the NK talks? Really? NY Times thinks different (and they are no friend of President Trump)...and the Nobel Peace prize ain't what it used to be...

Shock! Horror! President Trump is actually doing something right.

Sadly, Democrats in Congress are responding in a quite Trumpian way: They seem more concerned with undermining him than supporting a peace process with North Korea. They are on the same side as National Security Adviser John Bolton, quietly subverting attempts to pursue peace.

While international security is complicated, here’s a rule of thumb: When you find yourself on the same side as Bolton, go back and re-examine your position...
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/06/opinion/north-korea-summit-trump-kim.html

Actually, both sides agreed on pre-conditions and the ultimate goal for any discussions by both parties was a de-nuclearized North Korean peninsula. That is Trump's ultimate goal.What is different this time around is the 'how' to negotiate with them. One of the things that both parties agreed on was that talks must include Japan, Korea and China. Trump didn't do that. Fair enough, that's his policy with regards to North Korea specifically. 

As we all know, Trump met with them without pre-conditions, it initially seemed a success with both sides speaking glowingly about the other and since then its deteriorated with North Korea testing missiles again. That has nothing to do with the Democrats criticizing. I fail to see a direct line from Democratic criticism to North Korean missile testing. 

Democratic opposition would play a role once an actual deal was struck but we are far away from that possibility. If anything, the South Korean leader has been more effective and more deserving of a Nobel prize. Also, how Bolton differs from everyone is that he is willing to risk war to bring the North Koreans in line. No one wants that. 

Trump tried something new. He made a good faith effort, and I applaud him for that. It didn't work. Again, no crime in that. If he was wise, he would review his methods and alter it. Blaming the Dems for its failure doesn't seem to be an accurate account of events. 

North Korea vitally depends on China economically, not having the Chinese involved is probably a mistake but I can understand as doing so would give the Chinese leverage in the trade dispute. But that's global politics. Many things are inter-connected. That's where a well thought out plan with a quality team comes into play. 

13 hours ago, cavanami said:
13 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

Democrats Childishly Resist Trump’s North Korea Efforts

The Dems are not hindering the NK talks? Really? NY Times thinks different (and they are no friend of President Trump)...and the Nobel Peace prize ain't what it used to be...

Shock! Horror! President Trump is actually doing something right.

Sadly, Democrats in Congress are responding in a quite Trumpian way: They seem more concerned with undermining him than supporting a peace process with North Korea. They are on the same side as National Security Adviser John Bolton, quietly subverting attempts to pursue peace.

While international security is complicated, here’s a rule of thumb: When you find yourself on the same side as Bolton, go back and re-examine your position...
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/06/opinion/north-korea-summit-trump-kim.html

Congratulations Cav - you've found a real pro Trump story, that must be heartening.

• Haha 1

No one in Congress, regardless of party, regardless of ideology within their parties will vote for a deal that does not result in North Korea removing nukes as well as full inspections. Any deal bereft of that is a non starter. Also, South Korea and Japan would be publicly opposed to such a deal as well. 

• 4 months later...

North Korea fired two unidentified projectiles into its eastern sea on Monday as it begins to resume weapons demonstrations after a months-long hiatus that could have been forced by the coronavirus crisis in Asia. 

The launches from an area near Wonsan came two days after North Korea’s state media said leader Kim Jong Un supervised an artillery drill aimed at testing the combat readiness of units in front-line and eastern areas.

Seoul’s Joint Chiefs of Staff confirmed the launches in a statement but couldn’t immediately say how far the projectiles flew or whether the weapons were ballistic or rocket artillery...

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world/souths-military-north-korea-fires-unidentified-projectiles/ar-BB10CY5P?li=BBqdg4K

This recent photo shows Kim keeping a watch for the Covid-19 virus. Officials who did not want to be named, for fear of execution, said that the two projectiles contained agricultural pesticides and were designed to prevent viral ingress to North Korea.

On a more serious note, if North Korea has no Covid-19,  why are they all wearing masks?

BB10BWhL.img?h=537&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=

• 3 months later...

Kim’s Sister Says Army Ready for Action on South Korea

The sister of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un said it is “high time” to break relations with South Korean authorities, adding the next action against the “enemy” will come from the army.

It’s better to take a series of retaliatory measures rather than release statements condemning South Korea’s behavior, and which could be misinterpreted or dismissed, Kim Yo Jong said via the official Korean Central News Agency on Saturday.

“Rubbish must be thrown into dustbin,” she said. “By exercising my power authorized by the Supreme Leader, our party and the state, I gave an instruction to the arms of the department in charge of the affairs with enemy to decisively carry out the next action.” ...

Well done Donnie...

BB15r9uQ.img?h=174&w=300&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=

Marking the second anniversary of the 2018 meeting between Kim and President Donald Trump, North Korean Foreign Minister Ri Son Gwon said the U.S. had broken its word and dashed hopes for denuclearization.

“Nothing is more hypocritical than an empty promise,” Ri was quoted as saying in a KCNA report Friday, adding the U.S. has shown it’s aiming for the “isolation and suffocation” of North Korea...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/kim-s-sister-says-army-ready-for-action-on-south-korea/ar-BB15q6Pz

• 3 months later...

Kim Jong Un insists North Korea has no Covid-19 victims

4f53ef1b-b9cf-4cfa-980d-d0817dddbbd2.jpg

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un speaks during the 75th Worker's Party celebration in Pyongyang. This image comes from Korean Central TV footage, which aired on October 10. Korean Central TV

Squeezed into his best shapewear bodysuit, the one that is so tight, his face goes red - 

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un spoke to a large, mask-less crowd in Pyongyang saying he was thankful for the country not having a single coronavirus victim. 

Speaking at the 75th anniversary of the Worker's Party, Kim appeared to choke up while mentioning the hardships North Korea had gone through such as natural disasters -- the country suffered damage during typhoon season -- and disease prevention. 
Some in the crowd were crying as well. 

He hoped South Korea will overcome the coronavirus situation and that the two sides can "hold hands together," Kim said. 

The North Korean leader entered the parade without a mask, kissing children who gave him flowers. There appeared to be no social distancing among the crowd, who were not wearing masks either. 

Few experts believe that North Korea, a country of nearly 25 million people which shares a border with China, could have escaped the effects of a pandemic that has infected more than 36 million people worldwide, and killed more than 1 million people. 

and ::

201010081150-13-north-korea-military-par

North Korea unveiled what analysts believe to be one of the world's largest ballistic missiles at a military parade celebrating the 75th anniversary of the Workers' Party broadcast on state-run television on Saturday.

The massive weapon was carried by an 11-axle truck at the climax of the almost two-hour ceremony and military parade in the capital of Pyongyang.

Analysts said the new missile is not known to have been tested, but a bigger weapon would allow North Korea to put multiple warheads on it, increasing the threat it would pose to any targeted foe.

"Largest *road-mobile* liquid-fueled missile anywhere, to be clear," tweeted Ankit Panda, senior fellow in the Nuclear Policy Program at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace.

I hope I'm nowhere near North Korea when they light the touch paper on that one, a big hole in North Korea, is my prediction.

• 2 months later...

Some photos from North Korea on NYE

1609483879593.jpg?format=pjpg&optimize=m

A fireworks display lights up the night sky on New Year’s Eve as crowds of people look on at Kim Il Sung Square in Pyongyang, North Korea. The ones in the red and green  puffer jackets have been shot for flaunting their wealth.

Masks because there is no Covid in N.K.

The Dancing Corps are still going strong...