North Korea test-fires a new tactical-guided weapon

Coss

2 hours ago, cavanami said:

What happened? Are you living under a rock? 

With the constant, meaningless and false attacks on President Trump, theses have undermined his efforts. 

So the traitorous Dems  continue the USA. Understand? 

What exactly did the Dems or specific Democrats do to stop North Korea from launching missiles. Serious question. Any who has should not get re-elected. 

• Like 1

Elizabeth Warren

Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts said Trump shouldn't be "squandering American influence on photo ops and exchanging love letters with a ruthless dictator," in a tweet.

Kamala Harris

Sen. Kamala Harris of California criticized Trump for meeting with the dictator of a country that the US has repeatedly sanctioned and lambasted for its human rights record.
"This President should take the North Korean nuclear threat and its crimes against humanity seriously," Harris posted on Twitter, adding, "Our security and our values are at stake."

Joe Biden

A spokesman for former Vice President Joe Biden told CNN in a statement, "President Trump's coddling of dictators at the expense of American national security and interests is one of the most dangerous ways he's diminishing us on the world stage and subverting our values as a nation."
Andrew Bates said in the statement Trump "fawned over Kim Jong -un -- to whom he's made numerous concessions for negligible gain -- joked with Vladimir Putin about our election security and 'getting rid' of journalists, and even expressed sympathy for Turkey buying Russian missiles."

Julián Castro

Julián Castro said Trump "haphazardly" meeting with Kim raises the dictator's profile and is "strengthening him across the world," while giving the US "nothing."
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/30/politics/2020-democrats-donald-trump-kim-jong-un-north-korea-cnntv/index.html

You still living under that rock? Google can be your friend...

Hey Cav, with all due respect, how does that stop Trump from negotiating. This is what both parties do. The Republicans did as much and the rhetoric was much worse when Obama was negotiating the Iran deal and the Climate Change agreements. He got both done despite very, very strong rhetoric. Criticizing foreign policy moves by the President by the opposition is the norm in America. The Republicans took the unprecedented step of inviting the Israel leader to Congress without clearing it with the White House, the body that is responsible for heads of state invites traditionally. That move was as bad as you and I have ever seen. It violated all kinds of protocols. 

We may not like it but that's how it is. What is uniquely different about what these Democrats have done from what was done by both Democrats and Republicans in prior administrations? I personally think its good for Trump to try and reign in North Korea. I support the intent. It's been a long standing view by BOTH parties (Bolton and other Republicans have said the same)  that you don't negotiate with their leader unilaterally, but ONLY with our Asian partners who have a stake (South Korea, Japan) as well as China. Trump is trying it unilaterally and that's his decision but if he (and yourself and others) think that decision is above criticism, its naive or hypocritical given the level of opposition Obama faced. 

13 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

Hey Cav, with all due respect, how does that stop Trump from negotiating. This is what both parties do. The Republicans did as much and the rhetoric was much worse when Obama was negotiating the Iran deal and the Climate Change agreements. He got both done despite very, very strong rhetoric. Criticizing foreign policy moves by the President by the opposition is the norm in America. The Republicans took the unprecedented step of inviting the Israel leader to Congress without clearing it with the White House, the body that is responsible for heads of state invites traditionally. That move was as bad as you and I have ever seen. It violated all kinds of protocols. 

We may not like it but that's how it is. What is uniquely different about what these Democrats have done from what was done by both Democrats and Republicans in prior administrations? I personally think its good for Trump to try and reign in North Korea. I support the intent. It's been a long standing view by BOTH parties (Bolton and other Republicans have said the same)  that you don't negotiate with their leader unilaterally, but ONLY with our Asian partners who have a stake (South Korea, Japan) as well as China. Trump is trying it unilaterally and that's his decision but if he (and yourself and others) think that decision is above criticism, its naive or hypocritical given the level of opposition Obama faced. 

You ask a question, get and answer then gaslight your reply.

OK, up to you. Whatever the answer to your question might be, it is obvious you won't accept it. It is very apparent that you are biased against Trump so further comments and answers are meaningless.

C'mon Cav. Do I like Trump? No. I have my reasons that I think are valid, but I have credited him with some things. No President is wholly bad or good. Nixon did some very good things actually. In the larger context it didn't remove all the bad but he must be credited with a variety of things. 

Same with Trump. I've been on record crediting him with some things. I've also been on record saying that Obama did impeachable things. Not sure what else you want. You answered the question. Your answer also indicted the party you support. Let's not deflect. What specifically in the quotes of the people you posted stopped Trump from negotiating a deal? It doesn't. And to imply it does is simply not factual. Especially given the fact that Republicans did the same to Obama and he got deals done. One of which, TPP that no one liked, not even Dems (and I hated the deal as well). 

You made a statement, it wasn't properly supported. Okay. I am a literal guy. Some things are opinion and some things are factual. Trump couldn't get the deal done. Nothing wrong with that. No President gets all their agenda done. This is one of them. No crime in that. 

" What specifically in the quotes of the people you posted stopped Trump from negotiating a deal? "

No Steve, when the President is constantly belittled, not supported, this takes away from the power of the President.

If the USA presented a united front against China, would Chine fold? I think so but there is no united front. Same goes with North Korea.

No united front, weakens the President and fails to serve the USA citizens.

Note: what I posted came from CNN, hardly a President Trump supporting media.

If you are ever in the Bangkok area, let me know and we can arrange a meet up like when Hugh Hoy was in town...

19 minutes ago, cavanami said:

No Steve,   when the President is constantly belittled¹,   not supported²,   this takes away from the power of the President³.

So what you are saying is -  ¹ Trump is a fuckwit and everyone constantly says so -  ² very few will support him -  ³ that makes him a useless President.

By definition, the opposition party almost always (Israel and Cuba being the possible exceptions) critiques what the President is doing. I ask again, how is Trump's situation any different than Obama's? Or Bush's? Or Clinton's before him? In fact, the Republicans went against their own stated policy as not supporting any meetings with North Korea (or Iran) without pre-conditions. I actually think is a wrong strategy and applaud Trump for willing to meet him. The way Trump went about is sophomoric and seemingly lacks any logical strategy. 

Anyway, I haven't seen enough evidence that there is something substantially different from the Democrats. If anything, milder than what Obama (the Iran deal and Bush..i.e. Iraq war) faced. 

1 hour ago, chocolat steve said:

By definition, the opposition party almost always (Israel and Cuba being the possible exceptions) critiques what the President is doing.

But do they try to keep his cabinet members from dining in public? Stage protests at their home? Call for them to be hounded any time they go out in public? I've never seen anything like that before, and I've been around for three-quarters of a century.