AmbaSat-1

khunsanuk

17 hours ago, John_Betong said:

A New Concept of which I am unaware, now you really re having a laugh aren't you

IoT is the commercial adaptation of the industrial IIoT which in itself is an adaptation of Fieldbus and HART Protocols, the difference being the the I (Internet) and T (Things) allowed us to bypass the Distributed Control System and has Field Devices (Things) with onboard microprocessors to carry out Control Algorithms, Communications Self Diagnostics etc  

A Timeline

HART Protocol   1986

Fieldbus              1994

IIoT                      2006

IoT                       2009

Some  23  years or so after HART was introduced we get to IoT and you are trying to tell me I should learn something.  It is nothing new, been around for over 30 years in some form or another but for some reason you guys think that you are onto a new thing, what next try to teach you Gran to suck eggs

Here is a brief write up by Jonas Berge, one of the most respected men in industry.  https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/which-came-first-iot-iiot-jonas-berge/

PS I think you mean Process Trends and not "Pretty Little Charts"

• Thanks 1

Hi Mekong,

Many thanks for the references which highlight the elusive point I cannot seem to impress but I will try again...

The link refers to well over ten year old standards and only the last couple of penultimate paragraphs hint upon the progress made in the last two years. Similar to a ten year old solid wheel that has recently received pnuematic tyres, suspension and the ability to transmit while underground, submerged or as a satellite circumnavigating the globe.

AmbaSense.com Case Study: 

It took two guys about two days to install over 100 fridge and freezer sensors, and three gateways into the third largest UK football stadium with a 75,000 capacity.  The second guy held the ladder for pole mounted gateways. Each sensor has an embedded, unique identifier and data commenced transmitting instantly to the Cloud Server as soon as gateways and sensors were energised.  Recent annual maintenance took about a day to replenish sensor batteries. Perhaps the installation was a leading factor in maintaining their top premier league position :)

Three features I especially like about this recent development:

1. a sensor can connect to all in range line of sight radio gateways which relay data to the TheThingsNetwork Cloud Server at no cost. No need for a PSU!
  2. Proprietary gateways can be installed to connect to one's own server.
  3. My personal sensor was programmed and posted from UK, batteries inserted here, connected automatically to a university gatewayabout 5 Kms away. Link: https://supiet.tk/charts/bangkok-office

The second is the case study option.

Your thoughts?

89C5CF30-4B19-4773-8E57-13F36ACCF652.png

1. What type of temp sensor is used? RTD? thermocouple? etc
I didn't find this info on the AmbaSense website.

2. What is the update time sent by the sensor? the website mentioned 5 min to the dashboard.

3, What is the cost of one sensor?

4. What is the temperature range that the sensor can measure?

5. What is the environment rating (IP 65?)of the sensor?

6. Is there a spec sheet that will state all this type of info?

Thanks!

Hi John B 

OK let’s surmise, Sensors, DCS, PLC, Logic Solvers, Final Elements etc I am well up to speed with   ...   on  Wired System be  it a HART Multiplexer or a Foundation Fieldbus H1 it is the Internet Gateways and stuff, which I can’t see ,where my knowledge is lacking haha nearly a Dinosaur but not quite just yet.

Cav

Think  about Q1 T/C would be too complicated because CJC (Cold Junction Compensation) would be required, PT100 Platinum RTD would drive the cost up so my guess is a Thermistor since as you ask in Q4 the measurement range -/+10 would cover Fridges and Freezers

As for Q5 IP53 would suffice if the TX located in the cooled compartment, if outside IP32 

IP53 solid bodies  >1mm /  Water Droplets

IP32 solid bodies > 12 mm (Fingers) / Condensation 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cavanami said:

1. What type of temp sensor is used? RTD? thermocouple? etc
I didn't find this info on the AmbaSense website.

2. What is the update time sent by the sensor? the website mentioned 5 min to the dashboard.

3, What is the cost of one sensor?

4. What is the temperature range that the sensor can measure?

5. What is the environment rating (IP 65?)of the sensor?

6. Is there a spec sheet that will state all this type of info?

Thanks!

I am not aware of the technical details and curious to know they are important?

No doubt an email to AmbaSense detailing the envisaged environment would be helpful.

I have both versions, one connected to TheThingsNetwork and the other connected by radio to my router.

Both free versions were for testing the global connectivity of the dashboards.

Price I think is below 100 USD each.  Email for a quote. 

The latter's Dashboard:

https://www.ambasense.com/dashboard/device-view.php?id=b446263c-6026-11e7-818e-06d107ac4d7a

It's bad enough that my f'n phone tracks me with multiple apps phoning home every time I move and farkle something.

So now you're telling me that the tech is not only there, but being actively pursued, to tell un-named possessors, of big computer servers,  when my hamster has a cigarette, drinks too much water, won't empty his trash can, gets inside his vending machine and farts whilst doing so?

Fuck that I'm just gone build him a cage out of an old fruit box with no power sources. I value my Hamster's privacy.

• Haha 1

Coss 

Pffttttff Hamsters

They are the worst offenders of the lot, they fool many humans into thinking they just run around on a wheel. The wheel is a dynamo generator and th battery storage is hidden in. ThI corner of the cage under a pile of sawdust disguised as a toilet area coz they sprinkle pee on top 

Always planning their next “Great Escape” 

• Haha 1

I just found out that if one' is a Gmail user, as I am, they track every online purchase I've made, and list them.

https://myaccount.google.com/purchases

They do this by A.I. reading my emails. I can delete this list, one item at a time, by deleting the relevant email that they've read.

"Only you can see your purchases. Google protects your privacy and security." yeah right, by amalgamating these lists they can sell intelligence, f'n spies.

Hi,

BTW, just to clarify, John_Betong is friends with some of the people behind AmbaSense (including me), but not otherwise linked to the company.
The site linked was developed by him and accesses some of our development/test data. It is not representative of the dashboard available to our clients :)

Sanuk!