AmbaSat-1

khunsanuk

2 hours ago, John_Betong said:

The graph is now working ok after new batteries were fitted by a friend. I have not been able to get out for the past couple of weeks due to a fractured femur. 

Temperature sensor on the balcony facing the sun. It's hot outside!

https://supiet.tk/charts/bangkok-office

So what happened when the battery was not replaced, false negative alarms or flying blind. Your client may have been sat on the beach thinking everything was Hunky Dory whereas in fact his freezer had fallen into a sinkhole because somebody did not replace the batteries. 

I don’t even need to set a trap for you, you are admitting the weakness within your system , flat better has fucked.

Looked at the graph / trend and it means Jack Shite to me, where is the scale for you Blue Humidity trend?  Also do you expect me to believe Humidity (On No Scale) takes a dip at 09:43 then recovers to previous and remains constant until late afternoon / early evening 

Also prior to 10:18 on 17/5 you had updates every minute post then it went to every 20 minutes, what the new batteries are not up to it haha. 

You maybe able to fool the majority, hence the reason I accuse KS (Whom I have a lot of respect for) of being a snake oil salesman, so what if one has gullible people whom will buy into  such I wish you all the best for taking the piss but you would need to wake up early I.e 1979 to get me up on me

On 5/19/2019 at 8:33 PM, Mekong said:

So what happened when the battery was not replaced, false negative alarms or flying blind. Your client may have been sat on the beach thinking everything was Hunky Dory whereas in fact his freezer had fallen into a sinkhole because somebody did not replace the batteries. 

I don’t even need to set a trap for you, you are admitting the weakness within your system , flat better has fucked.

Looked at the graph / trend and it means Jack Shite to me, where is the scale for you Blue Humidity trend?  Also do you expect me to believe Humidity (On No Scale) takes a dip at 09:43 then recovers to previous and remains constant until late afternoon / early evening 

Also prior to 10:18 on 17/5 you had updates every minute post then it went to every 20 minutes, what the new batteries are not up to it haha. 

You maybe able to fool the majority, hence the reason I accuse KS (Whom I have a lot of respect for) of being a snake oil salesman, so what if one has gullible people whom will buy into  such I wish you all the best for taking the piss but you would need to wake up early I.e 1979 to get me up on me

http://dasabookcafe.tk/

Hi Mekong,

As mentioned by Khun Sanook I have no financial interest in AmbaSat.com. I was given two Sensor prototypes. The WiFi sensor was setup and connects to Khun Sanook's Dashboard and has worked without problems for over a year.

The LoRaWAN Sensor, installed nearly a year ago, connected to a public gateway installed at a university 5 Kms away. The sensor is set to sleep for about 20 minutes then awake and transmit data to the public gateway. The gateway transmits data to my site via TheThingsNetwork.

The LoRaWAN prototype had two faults which have now both been fixed. First was excessive battery consumption and when the batteries were failing the programmed sleep period was ignored which accounts for the one minute between readings.

The site, graphs, data, etc are purely for my benefit and I have no customers, in fact I have disabled the site's email to minimise junk mail.

[off-topic]

I run  a Virtual Private Server that cost 5 USD per month and host about a dozen sites, most use a Freenom.com free domain name. This is one of the sites also for my benefit and not associated with the Book Shop:

"https://dasabookcafe.tk/"

[/off-topic]

Hi John

Whether KS and yourself have a financial interest in this Venture is non of my business now is it, as long as no women children or animals (no specific order) are harmed it should not and does not concern me 

You have confirmed my misgivings re battery life and failure to update, of you were to re read my previous posts in between my diatribe I have always stated Power Failure and False Negatives 

OK I am a Pedantic asshole comparing Fridges which may or may not disappear down a sinkhole to process plant, one minute is a lifetime in Process Safeguarding  my SoE (Sequence of Events) server logs alarms at 1 mSec but it is all hardwired 

PM

Do you actually know what you are talking about or just spouting Shite?  I would go for the later IoT is only using less than 5% of what I was doing 20 or even 30:years ago. But like all the other muppets you believe that IoT or Industry 4.0 happened in the past 5 years oh please, do you want to read my dissertation I submitted over 30 years ago on this subject as part of my PhD 

Globally there must be thousands of incidents per day within the Process Industry where a catastrophic incident is prevented by  well Engineered Safeguarding System, yet if the safeguarding fails or is overridden (Chernobyl) it become world news 

Hi,

Said I wasn't getting involved again, but have to set the record straight.

We have a battery indicator on the dashboard and emails are sent out when the battery is down to 30%. Furthermore, our server sends out an email if a device has missed sending data within a certain timeframe. So, in the case of power / internet outage, the user will still get notified.

As you point out yourself, we are not dealing with equipment which needs to be monitored every second nor would a failure to record something cause a major disaster. For our target market, a sampling rate of once per hour is already more than sufficient.

And, on a side note, I kinda resent your immediate reaction that we are amateurs without having any clue as to what we do, who we are or what our collective experience is.

Sanuk!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2019 at 1:25 PM, khunsanuk said:

Hi,

And, on a side note, I kinda resent your immediate reaction that we are amateurs without having any clue as to what we do, who we are or what our collective experience is.

Sanuk!

Hi KS,

Stood aside so not to have a knee jerk reaction but in my eyes you are not Professional the antonym of such being amateur which in itself is derived from the French Word “ Amour” 

i actually take offense at your disrespect for my line of work and I stand by my comment that  you are a jumped up upstart who does not know ones arse from ones elbow. Now if one was able to able to discuss Control Systems and prove me wrong I would love it but I won’t hold my breath.

Coding, websites sure I can do it, hey Commador 64 when I was younger, non of the ZX Spectrum Shite, wasn’t the 64 the first home computer to use the Motorola 8085, Dual Accumulators, hell of a strep up from 16 switches 1 or 0 Enter haha I used to program in Machine Code 

But I am just an Amateur, nothing more nothing less I leave the real stuff to professionals such as yourself. Knowledge is dangerous, people think they know more than they actually do

I meant no offense with my “Amateur” tag I am sure the reason why you got offended was due to your insecurities rather than what was said. 

Hi Mekong,

Please try to understand that a millisecond response is not required for a LoRaWAN solution to a particular problem.

The football stadium installation is far more than adequate to use LoRaWAN to solve the problem and took four man days to complete. Would you care to hazard a guess on installation cost along with man days to complete an infallible system - which is far in excess to solve a simple temperature monitoring system?

Also the following link demonstrates how LoRaWAN was used effectively to track a jogger's progress. Imagine trying to do that with a hard-wired system!

https://supiet.tk/sensors/gps-run

• 2 weeks later...