AmbaSat-1

khunsanuk

I think for kids, to be involved with creating a 'thing' knowing that 'thing', their 'thing' is 100's of km in the sky travelling at batshit crazy speeds and when it goes overhead they can track it, extract data from it and maybe do the same for other similar 'things', well for some I think they might still find that sort of thing pretty wicked.

Of course some of us have been 'fiddling' with satellites since the 60's, mostly LEO types

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amateur_radio_satellite

but currently the first geostationary for such use is alive.

https://amsat-uk.org/satellites/geo/eshail-2/

Both transponders require ground transmitters on 2.4GHz and receivers on 10.4GHz so a fair bit of kit available to bolt on a dish and away you go. As the next step up from something like the Ambasat which hopefully just kicstarts (sic) the interest.

Hi,

>Not sure of the point - even reading the whole thing - especially the "What can I do with my satellite?" section.

To be honest, I am not all that clear on this myself :)
It is mostly my business partners idea, in part to promote the rest of the business (we sell IoT temperature sensors).

The general idea is that this is for people to play around with, a bit like Radioman mentioned. Targetted at the same people buying a raspberry pi.

>KS - are you buying a kit to send up?  

No, I wouldn't have a clue how to put it together. I'm a complete newb when it comes to hardware.

My part of this is to write the dashboard and server-side application.

Sanuk!

15 hours ago, khunsanuk said:

Hi,

>Not sure of the point - even reading the whole thing - especially the "What can I do with my satellite?" section.

To be honest, I am not all that clear on this myself :)
It is mostly my business partners idea, in part to promote the rest of the business (we sell IoT temperature sensors).

Sanuk!

IoT or IIoT? 

IoT Inernet of things is connecting physical devices and everyday objects, basically home and building automation , smart phones and smart speakers etc, pretty dumb shit if you ask me.

IIoT Industrial Internet of Things refers to interconnect d sensors, instruments and other devices networked together with computers industrial applications, including, But not limited to manufacturing and energy management. 

IoT is the domestic version of IIoT, many people thing it is a new thing haha, think again circa 1975 when the first DCS  (Distributed Control System) was introduced, I start d in the Industry 1980 

Then 1986 BELL corporation introduced HART Highway Addressable Remote Transducer Protocol ,  a game changer in a few short years I had gone for pneumatic to current loops and now a current loop with digital superimposed, lovely jubbley I could sit at a workstation in nice air conditioned environment and issue a command and th device would react accordingly. Test which require multiple personnel and rest equipment became a one man job, sat at a workstation  and putting transducers into simulation mode.

Profibus came and went,, well didn’t disappear completely but it was/is limited, good for things with a predictive result such as cranes etc, but not Process applications.

FF (Foundation Fieldbus) what Profibus was aiming to be, now IIoT was ramped up, previous I would have a transducer and final element communicating with the DCS  but with FF the  Control Algorithms reside in the field device. I can hang up to 15 devices on one H1 FF cable, curs the cold costs immensely.

People sometimes ask me “M what do yo do for work?” And I reply Controls Systems/Automation Engineer,  Deer in the headlights look, I am either good at my job or good in bullshit, been doing this crap for nearly 40 years 

Now don’t get me started on Neural Networks and Artificial Intelligence (AI), I wrote my dissertation on the topic over 30 years ago now, getting to old to think, I just invent a position in Vietnam and still getting away with it nearly 6 yers later