Disaster! The Pig and Whistle is now closed

Coss

On 6/22/2019 at 7:43 PM, Mekong said:

Fletch first bar in Thailand was Jools which he sold to “Big Dave” aka Fatso of Fatsos bar in Stephen Leathers amusing tale (what he wrote was true names were changed to protect the guilty)

I should rephrase that to "First Bar he had alone in Thailand" of course before Jools he was in partnership with Peter and opened a little place in the Nana Plaza called Woodstock's 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 6/22/2019 at 7:43 PM, Mekong said:

Fletch has retired from Jameson’s a few months ago he now has his retirement hobby bar called “Fletchers Folly”  on Soi Siam Country Club.

I know Jameson’s very well 2005 until 2008 I literally lived over the bar, my apartment was right above the bar, at least I didn’t have far to go home 

Fletch first bar in Thailand was Jools which he sold to “Big Dave” aka Fatso of Fatsos bar in Stephen Leathers amusing tale (what he wrote was true names were changed to protect the guilty) Next he was working for Woody in Patts managing TQ2 on Soi Diamond until he landed the position at Delaneys a pseudo Irish Bar then Jameson’s in 2005

Fletch was kicked out and didn’t retired.

What became of Fat Barstard Dave?

Which brings me to a question on a tangentially related matter, because my memory is poor on this one, there was a bar in Jomtien, about 1km from the the Pattaya end, about 500m up a soi leading away from the beach.

British themed, dark, air con, photos of the Krays and the stars of 'Minder' and famous Brit Boxers and so on, on the wall.

They had a free Sunday lunch buffet, that was accompanied by, all the girls you could hire.

A great way to start a Sunday, room for about 6 motos to park outside, no other bars in the vicinity.

Woss iss name then?

Ahaha! 1st prize to Lusty !  

I wonder if it's still open, I would be surprised if it were, but it'd give me  a reason to visit Jomtiem again :)

wonders never cease = https://www.jomtiennightlife.com/the-winchester/

though it appears to be in a different place according to the map on this site . When I used to go there is was between 2nd road and the beach on a soi.