Guillotine

Coss

You know, I was thinking today, that not only has this board become a haven, as has been said, like the village pub, for grumpy old men, but that now, we are seeing views that openly defend racism.

We've always flirted with topics, that polite society would not air, like P4P and '18 years and 1 day old' demimondaines,  leaving DNA in handbags and other such oddities. The idea of farting whilst receiving a blowjob was always amusing to me.

In a more ordered universe, we'd ban, one or all of the participants, in the various discussions that crossed the line of reasoned discourse. What is the line? in a place like Thai360, the lines are generally decided by consensus and ultimately by KS.

I am wondering now, if time is ripe, to thin out our already depleted numbers, remove the more vile, of our members.

There is already the option, as I have promoted, of not reading the stuff you dislike.

But not liking an opinion and seeing obvious racism, are two different things in my humble view.

So what's your  view? Should we delete some of our ilk? me included?

I don't think the slogan "love it or leave it" originated with the klan assholes.  I think it started with the McCarthy witch hunt days in America.  That the klan, and others, used it there is no doubt.  

• Like 1

It has truly been said that "The cure for bad speech is MORE speech, not stopping speech."

If you outlaw, for example, any speech about the KKK, you make it impossible for anyone to say WHY what the KKK says is wrong.  You also make it difficult to point out WHO the KKK really was.  AND you make it difficult to point out that even the KKK occasionally says something that, politically incorrect though it may be, damned well needs to be said.

Case in point: "If it is wrong to discriminate against a black man solely because he is black, why is it not wrong to discriminate against a white man solely because he is white?"  David Duke said that, in words very similar.

• Like 1