Future of this board

khunsanuk

On 5/7/2020 at 5:53 PM, fudgyMcPacker said:

I’ve been a member here since maybe 2001 I started with a different account.  As someone that has looked at the forums maybe 1 time in the last 5 years it don’t do anything for me.  As the years pass by people leave except for 10 or 15 or so and it becomes a clubhouse for those guys.  And that’s great, everyone needs a place to call home.

I ended up here as I was looking for the Thai-Farang forum on Delphi but it seems to be gone also.  And amazingly enough I visited Teak Door forum today where I haven’t been for years either.  This is what I do during the lockdown.

The moderator disbanded the Thai Farang Delphi board.   He could've kept it up, but he said that he wanted to terminate it.  I still keep in touch with him on Facebook.  What was your user name on the board?

On 7/4/2020 at 10:44 AM, The_Munchmaster said:

Just checked the recent traffic and 84 of the last 100 posts are in the USA Thread and that doesn't mean that 16 were about Thailand because only 8 were. I guess anyone thinking of joining Thai360 would take a look and realise that it's not about Thailand and just move on! Sad. Is it really worth keeping going when 84% of the traffic is 3 or 4 guys having pointless arguments about USA politics?!

My thoughts from a few years back

I think that has been a major play in the death of this board, lets face it, we are all just mourners

I still have a few adventures I'd post, but there seems no point

• Like 1

This forum was a great resource for me when I first moved here in 2007. I always get a vague nostalgic thrill when I log on here, remembering those times.

living in Huai Kwang in a 22m studio, 3,900 a month and walking every night down Asoke to Nana or cowboy 

I only knew two Thai dishes, so lived off Kra Pow moo 3 times a day from the condo cafe. (The Tom Yum was terrible there)

might go for a walk down there this week 

*sigh*

I went to a food court yesterday, it has food from all over the world. The food from America, the MacDonalds, the KFC,  seems popular, but there's Thai food and Cambodian, and Burmese and even Lao, along with some Chinese, German and ahem,  English cuisine, others too. Quite a big place, plenty of seats.

And then there's this bunch of people standing near the entrance, complaining about how the American food is popular and then refusing to eat any of the Thai food, or any of the SEA food, even though there's plenty of room to do so, plenty of seats, the food is good.

I dunno, maybe the American food is more tasty at the moment.

But that was an International Food Court.

If one had visited a Thai Food Court one would expect the Main food being served would be Thai and with a couple of American fast food joints, and not over 80% American.

if I specifically wanted American food I would not have visited  Thai Foodcourt 

Easy answer:

those interested in Thailand, to the exclusion of all other nations, post some Thai content.

Get off your metaphorical arses and post about Thailand, see if there's enough Thai content to drown out, the the soon to be irrelevant 'merican dross.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2020 at 12:32 AM, Shibuya said:

This forum was a great resource for me when I first moved here in 2007. I always get a vague nostalgic thrill when I log on here, remembering those times.

living in Huai Kwang in a 22m studio, 3,900 a month and walking every night down Asoke to Nana or cowboy 

I only knew two Thai dishes, so lived off Kra Pow moo 3 times a day from the condo cafe. (The Tom Yum was terrible there)

might go for a walk down there this week 

*sigh*

I used to hang out in Huai Kwang quite a bit, some cool places there. Also in the daytime nearby was a massage and blow job place with older ladies but boy had the years honed their skills, very talented, and cheap

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2020 at 10:40 AM, My Penis is hungry said:

Long Gun?

He was the teacher who I was somehow accused of getting him the push from a job when he went back to bkk, asked him about this and he claimed he knew nothing about it, never knew or found out anything more. He was one off here I went out of the way to befriend including lending his sister in law money at a soi33 bar, which left me short changed just to save him a few quid on a transfer, for some reason having his initial Open University documents and books delivered to my address 300 miles away that I posted on as well as taking him magazines over. Last time I saw him was songkran in Brum about 2003 he had a bag of beers he had bought off site to save money, never got offered one while I had to listen to his endless complaints over his (lovely) wife. However, that was not as bad as sitting on a bus on the way to crazy mans wedding (lasted 6 weeks) sat next to him being told about his infatuation with one of his foreign schoolgirls when he taught on soi 15. Funny that his wife got on the bus just after I moved seats as it pulled in to pick her up, Buri Ram I think, and thought he had been talking to a female -then the whole bus heard him get a right earful. Was he involved in blackmail? no not him but an American with the brothel owner. He became a postman after his divorce, probably just about retired.