Future of this board

khunsanuk

Personally I would be gutted if the board closed, it's by far the most civilised of the Thai centric forums. I rarely post these days since illness has prevented me from traveling to the LOS for several years, and consequently there're few relevant posts I can make. However, I do still visit and read the posts others have made which keeps me current with what's happening, unfortunately the current immigration shenanigans and the strength of the baht don't exactly create a welcoming climate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the fact that so many "names" from the past have not contributed to this thread is tantamount to the sad departure of many, often to their next life.

But I'm glad it is still here, if only as a link back to better times and the memories.

For instance, at the beginning of the rugby world cup in 2003, I was one of many making arrangements to meet up in Bangkok with friends new and old. There was no Facebook, no instant messaging and one way I arranged to meet a now good long time friends was in the Biergarten with a name tag with my board name written on it.

It says a lot that I actually went to the appointed place at the appointed time and yet he didn't for some reason 555.

• Like 1