The TM 30 form

cavanami

The so-called TM030 issue is again (July 2019) the talk-of-the-town as Immigration just changed some practicalities that can affect a lot of foreigners staying in Thailand.

Article 37 stipulates that a foreigner residing in Thailand should report to immigration if he/she visits another province for more than 24 hours. This would mean that a short weekend trip from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai would cause a lot of red tape, even when you have already done all the basic TM.30 reporting.

What's it all about?

The TM030 and its underlying laws are about the obligation of a landlord (or house master, possessor, manager) to report the stay of a foreigner (non-Thai national) in his/her property. All foreigners staying in Thailand and their hosts should be very well aware of this.

The laws with regard to the TM030 and the obligation to report a foreigner's stay have been in place for some time (since 1979), but the government has started to enforce it more strictly lately, and changed some of the procedures with regards to your 90-days reporting and extension of visa...

http://www.chiangmailocator.com/wiki-the-tm-30-form-all-you-need-to-know-about-it-and-why-it-matters-to-you-p172

• 3 weeks later...

I did report today, even though it is the landlord who is supposed to do so. Fat chances of getting many landlords to do that for you. From what I could see, virtually everyone was being fined 800 baht for not reporting their movements or whatever within 24 hours. That must be a nice money making scam  plan for Immigration.

Money and time wasted for nothing.  :(

http://www.1dproperty.com/demystifying-tm30-for-expat-owners-landlords-and-tenants/?fbclid=IwAR2odLcG9GVGuDtNKlfMmy3TD8LKvXjPGaAsj1uLa6XpJJpwIxKR5Nw5uhM

7 hours ago, Flashermac said:

I did report today, even though it is the landlord who is supposed to do so. Fat chances of getting many landlords to do that for you. From what I could see, virtually everyone was being fined 800 baht for not reporting their movements or whatever within 24 hours. That must be a nice money making scam  plan for Immigration.

Money and time wasted for nothing.  :(

http://www.1dproperty.com/demystifying-tm30-for-expat-owners-landlords-and-tenants/?fbclid=IwAR2odLcG9GVGuDtNKlfMmy3TD8LKvXjPGaAsj1uLa6XpJJpwIxKR5Nw5uhM

You filled out the TM28?

The gotcha is when you try to extend your visa...all those landlord fines will have to be paid, most likely by you!

I will try to get my landlord to appoint me as the property manager so I can do the TM 30 myself but it requires copies of the house book, stamps, etc.

17 hours ago, cavanami said:

You filled out the TM28?

The gotcha is when you try to extend your visa...all those landlord fines will have to be paid, most likely by you!

I will try to get my landlord to appoint me as the property manager so I can do the TM 30 myself but it requires copies of the house book, stamps, etc.

Nope, just the TM30.

16 hours ago, Pom Michael said:

What happens if you don't do this?  When do they "catch" you? 

Fined obviously. Everyone got caught in June when Immigration suddenly told us they couldn't renew our visa until we had the TM30 crap completed. There was a crowd of retirees and married folks milling around asking each other WTF was going on. The Immigration folks weren't very happy with it either, but Fearless Leader has insisted on it.

p.s. The solution obviously is not to stay in a hotel when you travel in country. Stay in a cave or pitch a tent.