Holidays 2020 - January - April 2020

Nasiadai

Once again it applies to Pattaya: Nothing is as constant as the permanent change.
My beloved “Super Girl” is now “Angel”. One of my favorite gogos - the Super Girl at Diamond Plaza, Pattaya - changed to "Angel".

Now I read on a very lively German-speaking board that another Gogo Bar has closed down: Wild Cats. On Pattayagogos I find the confirmation.
Actually this Gogo - located in a small side soi of Walking Street - was a kind of insider tip. Not as expensive as the Gogos, which lie directly in the WS or the Soi 15.
Nevertheless with many attractive girls. I was often inside and had my fun with the Gogo Girls

For over 27 years I have been wondering how bars, gogos and other amusement and catering establishments in Pattaya survive the low season.
Many of these companies hardly earn any additional costs or monthly leases. As a result, they can hardly pay the staff.

How and with what do the many gogo bars pay their girls?
If such a gogo has 20 to 30 girls on the payroll, how do these bars pay the partly (by Thai standards) horrendous salaries?

PS:
I ask Buffalo Bill  from the bottom of my heart not to post more in my topics, threads. Please get out of my topics, threads.
I have asked this gentleman before not to post in my threads.

It got cold in Germany. The last four nights we had in large parts of our country -1 to -4 degrees in the night. In the low mountain ranges and in the Alps of course correspondingly colder.
A high pressure area over Central Europe led to a cold spell. I had to turn on the heating for the first time in this autumn.

To pass the time I watch some videos from warmer areas; e.g. Pattaya Walking Street, Beach Road. I'd like to be there now.
and some more ....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In Australia thousands of square kilometres are in flames, persistent heat and several deaths. The flames have already spread to several thousand square kilometres of bushland in New South Wales and neighbouring Queensland. Both regions had declared a state of emergency at the beginning of the week, enabling the fire brigade to access state resources more effectively and quickly. The German television showed frightening pictures of the fire blasts in the last days. Terrible!

In Germany we have had typical November weather for days now. For days only grey in grey, much rain, not a single ray of sunshine; and the days become shorter and shorter, the nights longer. In Hamburg currently 3 degrees. the German low mountain ranges all have snow (over 500 m). The snowfall limit is 500 m. The German Alps drown in snow.

In Bangkok are predicted between 32 to 34 degrees for the next days ; blue sky, sunshine full. Sigh! I get jealous.

Our weather makes me sad and melancholic. I think of an evergreen from "Breakfast at Tiffany" Moon River.
This dreamy, lugubrious melancholy of the melody brings me in no time at all on a flying carpet of a thousand and one nights to sunny and warm Bangkok.

Fly with me!

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been in quite a while, but the DH when I went there looked about the same as before. They still had a good crop of dancers and had even put up a photo of Darrel. The downside was that no one welcomed customers any more, the way Darel and Mark always did. Under Darel's guidance, the DH had plenty of repeat customers who spent most of their time in LOS at the Doll House. I didn't get that feeling any more.

p.s. I used to spend every NY Eve at the Doll House, but I haven't for several years since the people I used to go there to be with have mostly passed on to their reward. :(

What Dollhouse a gogo are you talking about?

Dollhouse in Soi Cowboy in Bangkok or the Dollhouse Pattaya Walking Street Soi 15?

It's cold in Germany.
A combination of a low pressure area (T) over Skaninavia and a high pressure area (H) over England and Western France shovels us ice-cold air masses from the north to Central Europe.
Even in the western lowlands of Germany - e.g. Düsseldorf on the Rhine - night frost prevailed in the past nights.
It's horrible.

wetterlage_12-02-2019.png

The Doll House in Soi Cowboy.

Meanwhile ...

Rain, cold weather forecast for next week

Rain from a tropical storm will precede cold weather from China next week, with temperatures forecast to drop up to 5C in upper Thailand.

Several northeastern and eastern provinces have been warned about the rain brought by the Nakri tropical storm, which will make landfall in Vietnam on Sunday and Monday.

Another wave of cold weather from China will follow, resulting in thunderstorms in all regions from Wednesday to Friday, according to a Meteorological Department forecast issued on Saturday.Tropical cyclone Nakri in the middle of the South China Sea weakened to a tropical storm on Saturday morning. It is moving westward tothe Vietnamese coast at 13km/h.

Its influence will affect the weather in Thailand from Monday to Wednesday. Slight to moderate rain is forecast in Mukdahan, Yasothon, Amnat Charoen, Ubon Ratchathani, Si Sa Ket, Surin, Sa Kaeo, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat.

From Wednesday to Friday, strong high pressure from China will cover upper Thailand, resulting in thunderstorms, initially in the Northeast and East, and then in the North and Central region.
After that, the temperature will drop with strong winds, by 3-5C in the North and Northeast and more up mountains. Mercury will drop 2-4C in the Central region and the East.

The Northeast monsoon which is covering the Gulf of Thailand and the South will gain strength, resulting in heavy rain in some areas and high waves up to 2m.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1790799/rain-cold-weather-forecast-for-next-week