Holidays 2020 - January - April 2020

Nasiadai

It was sort of a tradition for me to walk into the DH around Christmas time, stumble over the unseen step in the floor, and fall on my face in the plastic snow.  :)

Darel told me that when they cleaned up the "snow" after the New Year, they'd find all sorts of things buried there ... phones, watches, money etc.

Wasn't the Dollhouse at Clinton Plaza? With the famous girl #33  !!!

She danced in this Gogo and turned the men's heads (with her big boobies). She drove the men crazy.
I still remember the many comments and reports about her quite well.

After the dissolution of Clinton Plaza, Dollhouse a gogo moved to Soi Cowboy. It must have been that way.

Yes, the Doll House started at Clinton Plaza and had quite a nice bar there. Several of the early Nanapong dance contests were held at the original DH. But Clinton Plaza turned out to be a big swindle!  The two guys who sold the leases didn't actually own the land, and they did a runner with the money. Then the real owner ordered the bars to go, and the Doll House had to be torn down. I moved to Soi Cowboy after that.

I wonder what happened to #33. At one of the dance contests she grabbed  my head and shoved my face into her crotch. Being a judge had its benefits.  :)

When in doubt, google Stickman.  :elf:

https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/weekly-column/2013/02/the-dollhouse-a-brief-history/

• 2 weeks later...

Just 18 days to go and I am off on holiday; three months of sunshine, warmth, many new adventures, impressions and experiences.
My people at home freeze their asses off in the cold, dark Teutonic winter, but I will be on the sunny side of the earth and cheat the winter.

Last November and the first two weeks of December were horrible. Long dark nights, grey sky, fog, rain, snow showers and temperatures like in the refrigerator.
An old wonderful song occurs to me; a song in which the wintry New York and the sunny LA actually play the leading roles. The lyrical I, the Song-I dreams its way out of the cold grey inhospitable NY into sunny LA.
And that's exactly what I did twice the last days in Buxtehude and Hamburg.
First I spent two hours strolling around the Christmas market, drinking mulled wine, chatting with some pepole and having fun.

So follow me and accompany me on my walks through my towns.

„All the leaves are brown
and the sky is gray
I've been for a walk
On a winter's day“

Eiche-braun-DSC00077.jpg.9a16e32e80f51b8c5064f5ea3f885628.jpg

Yes, the leaves of this young oak tree are brown. It is right in front of the the building of the Buxtehude fire brigade.

Laub-braun-DSC00083.jpg.048a5a30f3d92689a4dd509de42b4761.jpg

This day when I strolled through Buxtehude was one of those two days when there was a blue sky and there was a little sunshine.

St-Petri-Buxtehude-DSC00087.jpg.ed33e6047a9d66c7a621235a6d8fe418.jpg

I wanted to stop at the church.
Stepped into a church ….  and I wanted passing along the way - along the pews towards the altar.
And I wanted to go down on my knees
and pretend to pray ….

361383626_St-Petri-Tr-DSC00099.jpg.dc4c71ea57d912dd9b16ef12a57bb46c.jpg

But bad luck! The church gate was locked.
That's why I couldn't talk to the priest, who likes the cold and who knows that I'm gonna stay on such a winner's day.
Then I could have dreamed

"I'd be safe and warm
If I was in L.A.
California dreaming
On such a winter's day.“

So I tried it two days later and took the S-Bahn to Hamburg city center to turn my dream of LA into a dream of Pattaya.
The weather was cold and muddy, the sky was covered with grey clouds; and the church St. Petri – right in the middel of the city center – was open.

2071785252_St-Petri-DSC00142.thumb.jpg.6c15247956fa7c6aadb42fcaf810ed6e.jpg

So I stepped into the church
and I passed along the way
Well, I got down on my knees
And I pretend to pray
You know the preacher likes the cold
He knows I'm gonna stay
Pattaya dreaming
On such a winter's day.

St-Petri-innen-DSC00135.jpg.924ba41cfbe7c08d5df9c27d86cfe08c.jpg

St. Petri was not only open but crowded with people.

St-Petri-innen-DSC00136.jpg.226ca453459785bafe56ee6c32841a62.jpg

If I didn't tell her
I could leave today
and I would be safe and warm
Pattaya dreaming
On such a winter's day

Of course, you have recognized it long ago, the song ... the immortal Mamas & Papas. Only Mama Michelle is still alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-aK6JnyFmk
or this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=890ab8b86Og

Live from Hamburg – Late! or early hahaha  5.10 am
Bakwahn

The days are short and the nights long in Germany. The sun is moving towards its southern turning point, the Tropic of Capricorn.
This dark and cold time of the year is the time of Christmas. In Germany there is an ancient tradition of the so-called Christmas markets.
The lights and the Christmas trees with electric candles drive away the darkness a little with the lighting in this season.

The Christmas markets go back to late medieval sales fairs and - often one-day markets - which gave the citizens the opportunity to buy meat and winter supplies at the beginning of the cold season. In the 14th century it became customary to allow craftsmen such as toy makers, basket makers or confectioners to set up stalls at the market to sell the little things given to the children for Christmas; stalls with roasted chestnuts, nuts and almonds also existed at that time.
In the year 1310 a Nikolausmarkt in Munich was mentioned for the first time in a document. In the course of time, a tradition spread throughout the entire German-speaking area.  Since about the first half of the 20th century, the markets have become a fixed element of pre-Christmas customs.

Lichterbaum-HH-DSC00153.jpg.52134c6eaa09680338a12e1f1116dc52.jpg

I invite you to a stroll through the Christmas markets in Buxtehude and Hamburg.
A few glasses of mulled wine, a bag of roasted almonds and French fries with a Bratwurst -- sausage.

2054176945_Glhweinstand-HH-DSC00154.jpg.a91582aedf429408b8234d87541fbb0b.jpg

The mulled wine stands are always surrounded by a lot of people.

Christmas trees and many lights that drive away the darkness.

479282000_BratwurstBaum-DSC00161.jpg.5e3a3eb1ab9119d4fb3cd46640847b8f.jpg

Bratwurst, sausage, and French fries. They always taste good.

Bratwurst-DSC00163.jpg.66313e78509aea49aa7b2b13e539fb44.jpg

There's a cabin here with pastries and sweets.

Herzen-DSC00150.jpg.ac39893a1711f677720eb83338585389.jpg

What's that? This is a heart of gingerbread and honey cake. A really big one.

Ich liebe Dich  55555 hahaha

561386503_grossesHerz-DSC00121.jpg.bb503749fca14fba0db9ef6c7e0180e9.jpg

A big heart for a beautiful lady. All those hearts are for the girls of Pattaya - from good old Charly - Hamburg - Bangkok - Duesseldorf

Bakwahn - early morning 5.30 am local time - Hamburg

• Like 1

There's a guy on Youtube who calls himself EatSleepYangon.

He reports about the city of Yangon (in German Rangun)  in several videos.
The special thing about these video reports is that he hires a young Burmese lady for each report, who gives a few short explanations, statements in English language.
He contacts the girls via Facebook or Twitter. On these platforms these young ladies offer their guidance services.

It is clear that the sights, the streets and buildings, the cafes, bars, restaurants and art galleries are not the centre of interest.
The pretty young ladies, who are effectively put into the picture by the camera, are in the center. The girls are wonderfully staged by a skilful director; they are the focus of the video.

I wrote the following comments for one of these videos:

"First Part:

Hello dear EatSleepYangon,
in the last years I was 4 to 5 times in Burma and Rangoon - Yangon; 10 to 16 days each time. My regular accommodation is always Chan Mae Hotel; a guesthouse in Maha Bandoola Park Street (www.chanmyaeguesthouse.com); right in the middle of the old town of Yangon. Coming February 2020 it will be time again. I am already looking forward to the reunion with this fascinating city. In the meantime I watch your videos with great pleasure; a wonderful pastime. Of course I walked through the streets of the old town almost every day, ate at many food stalls and took a break in several cafes. Much of what you show in your videos is familiar to me.
When I saw your videos, I had the idea to hire likewise one or the other girl on my next visit to do my sightseeing tours with them. But I buried this idea. See my second posting.

Bakwahn
Hamburg – Bangkok – Rangun – Düsseldorf

Second Part:

I take the liberty of making a few comments on the girls.
They are wonderful charming young ladies who accompany you and explain the surroundings to us - the audience.

The men here who comment on your videos are all thrilled and entranced by the charm and beauty of your young ladies. The reasons for their enthusiasm are obvious:
Indeed, these Rangoon girls have style! They have class, they have taste; very good dress sense. Their blouses, little jackets, the trousers and skirts that the girls wear; everything is stylish, chic and of young elegance. Stylish in the sense of stylistically confident. But not only their clothes but also their other appearance such as hairstyle, their inconspicuous, discreet but effective make-up, their smile, friendliness and politeness, in short their whole habitus, their bearing suggest a higher education. Students, I suppose.
They are of a radiant femininity that our Western young women have long lost. The hard feminism, the struggle for equal rights in education and especially in work have left their deep marks on the personalities, the habitus of most young Western women. They have become more male.

I do not like the so-called social media like Facebook, Twitter or Instagram etc. I do not have an account anywhere. That is why I will not be able to make contact with such a young lady. These platforms are for children and teenagers, for stars and starlets, for celebrities and for politicians and presidents, who announce their banalities, trivialities and daily news there.
Sorry for my bad English.

Bakwahn
Hamburg – Bangkok – Rangun – Düsseldorf"

Here are the links:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaHK85kMbn4mNRprtENLsSQ

my comments:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utbWfJizStg&t=8s