Holidays 2020 - January - April 2020

Nasiadai

It is 1 January 2020 high noon Hamburg time; 21 hours before departure, before take-off to Bangkok.
The trolley and my backpack is packed; I hope I haven't forgotten anything. The passport, the other documents, the credit cards
are in my breast pocket, the blood pressure tablets are in my backpack. My notebook, the camera, everything completely packed.
Hopefully I have not forgotten anything.

My Thai friends and their families are informed; two of my best buddies are coming to pick me up at gate 10 at the Suvarnabhummi.
By the way, they speak very good German.

Outside there is grey weather, it is misty and foggy, current temperature 1 degree.
My heating is fully turned on; is turned up full blast.

I start dreaming of my holidays of the past 27, 28 years. The memories of one or the other girl come back.
I have many slides and photos. There were some wonderful ladies.
Like this one for example; Lady Maeo.

Let's see what happened.
To be continued

Note: This little story is about 23 years old.

I posted that little story on this board at that time. So ir is a kind of "repost". Nevertheless, have fun.

A phone call from Bangkok

My phone is ringing. The secretary tells me there is a call from Bangkok. A woman wants to speak to Mr. Charly, and that could only mean me.
Yes, indeed, it's my girl from Bangkok-Thonburi. I hear her voice, and her image immediately appears in my memory with her shoulder-length shining black hair, her almond-shaped, dark eyes that are always laughing, her dreamlike, finely cut face with the slender pointed nose that betrays her Malaysian origin, with her exuberant female forms that always, only when I think of her, take my breath away.

"Charly, can you come back in February as you promised? "I am waiting for you. "I miss you."

"Yes," I answer, "I bought the ticket already."

"Oh, Charly, that's great!“
 "Please come quickly, I want you back," and she continues:
"Do you remember the Sunday afternoon we spent together on the banks of Chayo Praya and on the  grass of Sanam Luang?"

You bet I remember! I see us both lying on the lawn of Sanam Luang. Not far from us two teams are playing football in the already low sun. We got a hot Som Tam with Kauniau from a flying trader and enjoy our togetherness. Before us the impressive scenery of Wat Phra Kaeo, the king's palace with the golden Chedi, the red-green stepped roofs of the temple buildings, the multicoloured decorated Prangs whose sight becomes an unforgettable experience by the shine of the gradually sinking sun. A truly royal place for lovers.

"Charly, are you still there?"

Yes, I listen to her chatter and my soul, thirsting for her, sucks like a dry sponge every word she says into itself. Is there anything more tormenting than this terrible distance that separates us? Is there anything more tormenting than this tribulation that rises up within me and mixes cruelly with lust? That bittersweet feeling that makes me melancholic many a night and robs me of sleep. Even modern media such as telephone and email are of little help, and I am forced to practice humility and wait for the next holiday.

Maeo-1-40.jpg.1564b3131bb9c181fbe1dc8111a8ea20.jpg

Khun Sanuk, this picture is about 23 years old, so I think it is allowed to present it.
A visit to the Bayoke Tower. It's a digitized slide!  Khun Maeo, my beautiful Lady.

Maeo-3-35.jpg.b1c1e71ad94fcd85c01179b40c28fa2c.jpg

We're in analog time. Here is a digitized slide, on which I - the photographer - am pictured 555555

A little later I leave my office and approach the secretary's desk. She looks at me with a sneering, spiteful grin.
"Charly, you told me you were on the Tunisian island of Djerba, but now I think you were faking, you were in Thailand instead!"
and with sparkling curiosity on her face. she asks:
"So, tell me, who is she, what's her name and what is she like?"

A touch of blush covers my face, and I look a little embarrassed because I feel like I've been caught cheating. But after only a few seconds, I grasp myself and begin to compare the two women. In the distance my dreamlike female being in Bangkok-Thonburi with her charm, her smile, her pleasure and joy of life and in front of me this ugly, masculinized woman in a grey pantsuit, who in a grandiose misjudgement considers herself attractive, with greasy brunette strands of hair, wrapped in a repulsive smell of perfume and cigarette smoke. She seems to me like a Katoey, a ladyboy, during whose operation the surgeon's scalpel slipped a few times. Without answering her, and without appreciating her even one more look, I walk past her with a quiet and superior smile and head held high with pride.

==========

Khun Maeo was a great Lady

Nasiadai  - Bakwahn
Happy, healthy and successful new year 2020!

• Thanks 1

Telegram style:
Pleasant flight in the super bird Airbus A 380-800.
One of my Thai friends picked me up - as agreed - at gate 10 on the departure level.
After a few minutes I noticed that the warmth did me good, plus the sunshine; from now on I was in the middle of my vacation.

Dates, meetings, encounters, visits, good and plentiful food from the best Thai cuisine, excursions, and lots of cascades of events ...

Everything here is as exciting and new as when I first came here about 28 years ago.
My best Thai friend Kwanbun has been retired early.
He recovered after his collapse last year and returned to his office, but after a few more weeks at a medical examination his incapacity
for duty was determined and he retired.

Every day is like a small life, every morning awakening and getting up like a new birth, every sunny, warm, fresh morning a renewed youth.
I enjoy every new day and delay going to bed as long as possible, because going to sleep is like a little death.
This is more or less what Schopenhauer said, speaking from memory.

Therefore I say with Goethe:
"Perceive the good mood,
Because it comes so rarely."

The place, the environment, the food, the temperature, the weather and other external factors have an influence on our mental state,
mood and emotional mood. Krung Thep with its flair, ambience, and unique atmosphere puts everyone in high spirits, in Bangkok euphoria.

The evening is approaching ... the event etudes continue.

6. January 2020
Bakwahn  -  Nasiadai

I'll go by bus to Chumpon on Thursday. To my favourite beach, the Hat Tung Wua Laen. I reported many times about this beach.

Right now no time for a meeting.

Later I'll visit Laos and after Laos I'll make a trip through Burma: Yangon, Mandalay, Pagan etc.

In March I'll be back,

Nasiadai

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Was soll diese Frage?
Was ist der Zweck dieser Frage?

Hofft dieser Typ, dass ich elendig an Corona krepiert bin, daß ich tagelang mit hohem Fieber und starken Schmerzen röchelnd an einer Beatmungsmaschine verreckt bin?

Oder hofft und glaubt er, daß ich dumm wie Bohnenstroh bin, dazu faul und inaktiv, in der Hoffnung, meine Regierung in Deutschland wird mich aus Thailand
herausholen und mich nach Hause bringen, selbstverständlich auf Kosten des deutschen Steuerzahlers.

What are you talking about?
What's that supposed to mean?

Is this guy hoping that I died miserably on Corona, that I died for days with high fever and severe pain, gasping at a ventilator? Gasping for breath at a respiration apparatus?

Or does he hope and believe that I am as dumb as a stump, thick as pigshit, lazy and inactive, in the hope that my government in Germany will take me out of here
and fly me home; of course at the expense of the German taxpayer. That guy said I am a very bad right-wing populist, a very bad boy.

!!! Get out of my thread !!!

My airline Emirates ceased flight operations in mid-March.
Thereupon my travel agency in Düsseldorf - my good old friend and really good buddy Glenn, a German-Canadian - arranged a return flight for me.

I took the last Thai Airways flight from the Suvarnabhumm to Brussels at 0.30 a.m. on 30 March 2020.
From Brussels I took the train through Belgium to Aachen, the old imperial city. From Aachen I took the Regional Express to Düsseldorf and from there the Intercity to Hamburg.
In the evening around 8 pm of March 30th I reached my apartment and was back home.
The return flight cost me 580 Euro.
Now my buddy Glenn tries to secure the return flight 2021 with Emirates, so that I only have to pay the outward flight on my next holiday.

I'm in a very lenient mood because today is my birthday. The weather is wonderful, since 5 o'clock in the morning the sun shines in my kitchen window,
I celebrate my morning coffee with intense pleasure.

A childhood memory:
I'm about 8 years old; it's in arithmetic class. We pupils have to solve several arithmetical problems. One task was:
"Calculate how old you will be in the year 2000."
50! I sit and marvel and ponder and philosophize about the meaning of this task.

"My good God, 50! You'll never be 50. The year 2000 is so far away, it'll never come! It's longer than an eternity."

Yes, it is. As a child, you have a completely different sense of time than an adult. The hour, the day is felt much longer. A child feels a week as an eternity that never ends.
A new school year begins and it never ends.
Six weeks of summer vacation, a period of time that one can hardly overlook as a child. The summer holidays begin and never end.
For an adult, on the other hand, six weeks just fly by.
Conclusion:
...the older you get, the faster time subjectively passes.

• 5 months later...

Good that we did our Thai holiday 16. December 2019 - 5. January 2020. Then the world caved in. In 2019. we spent 75 days in Thai (two trips, the longer one in July-August 2019 with Singapore 3 days visit to break my 30 days visa exempt).

With an intention to spend 2 months a year in Thai, 3 years ago we took wifi router and subscription for work from home (for me). And, it was fine. Now, no travel, the router will expire, no yearly payment in August (must be from Thai issued credit card or cash).

Rent-a-car, we were planning a 15 days tour to Buriram, Surin, Si Saket, Ubon Ratchatani, Mukdahan, Sakhon Nakhon, Kalasin, Roi Et.