Queens Park Plaza To Close January 2020

The_Munchmaster

Ah that's bad news.  I mean it wasn't the greatest of bar clusters, but it was still somewhere you could roll up in the AM, chat with a bar tender, guide the music selection, and after stumbling off stumbling back in when things picked up - slightly - later in the evening.  I think there used to be rather dismal little lane on the other side of the street, a real sketchy soi, spent some time down there over the years of the 'oughts (I mean the 2000s, but I suppose I could as well mean the 'I ought not have spent time on those sketchy sois back in the day, and ought not to have done many other things in the 2000s...')  Maybe that sois still there, but I suppose won't be for long, the way things are going.  Hope that the bars do reappear or that some other bar cluster pops up somewhere - the options are getting mighty thin indeed in that big mango.

On 10/13/2019 at 10:07 PM, The_Munchmaster said:

Your "sketchy little soi" will still be there although I can't recall any that warranted spending any time in them, i.e., any that had any bars in them?

Official protest . I would guess you are talking about an alley that on your left hosts Honey Bee Massage where I found piece and comfort years ago after an emotional crisis with an elderly lady from Beergarden Soi 7. Point is that last week I was on investigative mission because I heard the previously famous condomking which is Guido from USA had moved into Soi22 with his burger outfit and 4 screens showing baseball day and night. Finally I found him deep  in aforementioned Soi surrounded by nothing but boomboom massage places.  Asking " had any bars in them ?" is therefore superfluous.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2019 at 1:22 AM, The_Munchmaster said:

Apparently this is the Soi 7 location, but opening next month?

Soi 7 2.jpg

Is this where the food court and New Wave was?

the Bangkok bar scene is an absolute joke now. All these identikit boiler room bars are awful.

id give my right bollock for Soi Zero or Sukhumvit 1 Plaza to reopen.

Since I took up with MLG, some 9 yrs ago, I have not had the occasion to visit any of the bars we used to love. I imagine that the places to go and discover, will be the ones for the locals, like Nervous Dog used to take me to.