Queens Park Plaza To Close January 2020

The_Munchmaster

Referring to Mr munchmaster´s report on Oct 16th about status of Soi 7 I wish to draw the attention on Mr Sticks latest Sunday works which include a recent photo of aforementioned Soi 7 new building . I am kind of surprised to note the general layout looks exactly the same as the old one which they dismantled some time ago . Probably the preveious alley leading to Soi 5 might also be reestablished.

3 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

Referring to Mr munchmaster´s report on Oct 16th about status of Soi 7 I wish to draw the attention on Mr Sticks latest Sunday works which include a recent photo of aforementioned Soi 7 new building . I am kind of surprised to note the general layout looks exactly the same as the old one which they dismantled some time ago . Probably the preveious alley leading to Soi 5 might also be reestablished.

That was a great bar area about 10 years ago. The food court and the pool bars were good fun. 
glad to see something like that is coming back 

2 hours ago, Shibuya said:

That was a great bar area about 10 years ago. The food court and the pool bars were good fun. 
glad to see something like that is coming back 

There was a seafood restaurant on your left which is now in 7/1. I propose to move all previous places back in there which would hopefully mean that I receive mango with sticky rice free of charge after lunch as many times before. I liked the place as it was. We should by the way initiate a public request to revitalize Clinton Plaza, I would even accept to rename it Trump Plaza if you ask me.

17 hours ago, Flashermac said:

Queens Park Plaza is a long way for me to go, but the few times I have been there, it struck me as the closest to what I remember Bangkok's nightlife being like back in the 1970s. I'd be sorry to see it go.

Kind of, but only a very pale shadow of nightlife's former self.  Nonetheless, a symbolic residual legacy that will be sad to see plowed under - and without even a touch of the fanfare and frontpage melee of the Chuwit debacle...

Last night I had occasion to walk past soi 7 so had a quick look see. Work is ongoing but the one lady I spoke to "you come my bar me, open ready", told me there will be 31 bars, 2 or 3 are open now and a few have temporarily parked themselves on the street awaiting work completion. Couple of the bars look nice and big with serious money being spent, others just little hole in the wall type joints though a lot would seem to have at least some glass partitioning, aircon etc.

IMG_1606.jpg

IMG_1607.jpg

IMG_1609.jpg

IMG_1610.jpg

IMG_1611.jpg

IMG_1612.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg

IMG_1615.jpg

IMG_1617.jpg

IMG_1618.jpg

IMG_1620.jpg

IMG_1621.jpg

IMG_1623.jpg

• Like 1

Remember Denny's Bar on the corner of 22 and Washington Square? Boss lady that had that also ran a bar across the street in the hotel and a couple of places in the bar area on 22. She moved to the place round the corner in the ground floor of the Holiday Inn building but I see that's gone now. I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if she is not involved in this soi 7 thing, I think she was always quite savvy on the lease thing. Nice old bird, always a laugh.

• Like 1