Queens Park Plaza To Close January 2020

The_Munchmaster

3 hours ago, radioman said:

Last night I had occasion to walk past soi 7 so had a quick look see. Work is ongoing but the one lady I spoke to "you come my bar me, open ready", told me there will be 31 bars, 2 or 3 are open now and a few have temporarily parked themselves on the street awaiting work completion. Couple of the bars look nice and big with serious money being spent, others just little hole in the wall type joints though a lot would seem to have at least some glass partitioning, aircon etc.

Thanks for the pics RM, I see it's on the opposite side of the soi to what I thought it was.

14 minutes ago, The_Munchmaster said:

Thanks for the pics RM, I see it's on the opposite side of the soi to what I thought it was.

Yes, It's on the same side as the Beergarden but before you reach it. As you can see the other side where the food court, New Wave and that odd little labyrinth of shops  was is still a blank spot. There was a couple of bars open inside the complex but my guess is looking at the construction rate it will more likely be a Christmas New Year sort of opening. Could be some fun nights to be had there, at least whilst its fresh.

1 hour ago, radioman said:

Remember Denny's Bar on the corner of 22 and Washington Square? Boss lady that had that also ran a bar across the street in the hotel and a couple of places in the bar area on 22. She moved to the place round the corner in the ground floor of the Holiday Inn building but I see that's gone now. I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if she is not involved in this soi 7 thing, I think she was always quite savvy on the lease thing. Nice old bird, always a laugh.

I spent many late nights in Dennys, when I couldn't be bothered going much further than the front door of the Regency Park Hotel, which was the hotel directly across the soi (apparently now called the Aspira Grand Regency Sukhumvit 22). Som was the owner and she also had a restaurant on the ground floor of the Regency Park. It was never the same when it moved to the Holiday Inn and my visits there were infrequent. Yeah, nice lady.

Thank you very much Mr Radio for this encouraging report. To become successful the new area needs a healthy mixture of Bar Beers, Ladyboys, BJ-bars and so forth. Probably they all might agree to issue an all-you-can-boom-boom card which earns you miles on Thai or so.

I shall personally inspect the site on Dec 6th immediately after my arrival. In case there is some space left I rent a small place where you can win cash by throwing eggs at a Trump statue.

There is new hope for upper Sukh!

6 minutes ago, buffalo_bill said:

I shall personally inspect the site on Dec 6th immediately after my arrival. In case there is some space left I rent a small place where you can win cash by throwing eggs at a Trump statue.

Verily, thou shalt be arrested for offering gambling, the most heinous of crimes ever seen in these parts.

Hereby I declare Lucky Bar preliminarily my after dinner headquarters.  Intelligent layout privides open space in front of the establishment which would make me smoke my cigar there watching people and beautiful women heading for the Beergarden. I am very tired of noisy Soi 11. Unfortunately they closed the shortcut from 7 to 11 passing Raintree Massage . It is very unlikely that I ever inside any of the new bars but the project brings back life into the area.

Haha, indeed, fine wines they be I'm sure, though perhaps a little advanced from my own particular preference. However a friend the other night did state that he considered me a connoisseur of the more "Rubenesque" creatures, not a charge I would deny given his own preference for the more stick like that disappear when they turn side on. As always in BKK, horses for courses and all that.