Patpong Museum

The_Munchmaster

My first visit to Patpong was in 1973. There were only a handful of bars, and they were fairly small ... less than a dozen dancers in each of them. But gradually the bars started increasing and pushed the other businesses out of the sois. Believe it or not, one of the major wire services used to have it's Bangkok HQ on Patpon, UPI I think.

Back in the good old days ... how I miss that traffic!

• Thanks 1

On 11/4/2019 at 10:26 AM, The_Munchmaster said:

I doubt it's all about gogo bars, seems to be more about the history of the place and a bit about the bars.

That's exactly right - it is much more about the history of the area and it really helps to fill in a lot of the background about the place. If someone is only interested in the bars, it should be of some interest but if you're interested in the history of the area then it's truly fascinating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2019 at 10:26 PM, The_Munchmaster said:

For someone who first went there over 31 years ago and knowing how much it has changed in that time I'm sure it will be very interesting, at least to me and I've no doubt many others. 👍

Indeed to many others - but mainly 'many others like us' - and there are not so many of them around these days as there were just a couple decades ago!  

My first Patpong visit - 1995, what's that, 24 years ago?  Jaysus, the years fly by.  Came as close as I come to falling in love with a go-go girl from the Firecats upstairs club, which if I recall correctly had a motorcycle or tuk-tuk suspending from the ceiling for a sex show, which was as I recall mainly a demonstration of the mechanics of copulation...  I think her name was Lin, something like that.  Cute as a button, that one.  Dropped in every so often for the next few years to see if she'd popped around again, but alas - and thankfully - she never did reappear.  YimSiam

9 hours ago, YimSiam said:

......Came as close as I come to falling in love with a go-go girl from the Firecats upstairs club, which if I recall correctly had a motorcycle or tuk-tuk suspending from the ceiling for a sex show, which was as I recall mainly a demonstration of the mechanics of copulation......

Thanks for reminding me about Firecats. You had to climb two very steep flights of stairs expecting quite a small bar at the top but were greeted by this huge auditorium with very high ceilings, a bit like a tardus! There was a beam above the dance floor with a sliding pulley and the tuk-tuk was on the bar floor and was lifted onto the dance floor with the copulating couple inside. They also had a giant six legged octopus hanging from the beam and six girls would stand on the stage and stick the tentacles up themselves. But most bizarre was the show with one girl in a harness hanging from the pulley wearing a strap on dildo and another girl on all fours on top of a vaulting horse with her bum facing the girl with the dildo. The girl in the harness was pulled back with a rope by other staff and then let go such that she swung up against the girl on the hobby horse with the intention of trying to penetrate her but all that ever happened was that she kept knocking the poor lass off the horse and onto the stage, which she looked none the best pleased about! 

On 11/16/2019 at 11:40 PM, The_Munchmaster said:

Thanks for reminding me about Firecats. You had to climb two very steep flights of stairs expecting quite a small bar at the top but were greeted by this huge auditorium with very high ceilings, a bit like a tardus! There was a beam above the dance floor with a sliding pulley and the tuk-tuk was on the bar floor and was lifted onto the dance floor with the copulating couple inside. They also had a giant six legged octopus hanging from the beam and six girls would stand on the stage and stick the tentacles up themselves. But most bizarre was the show with one girl in a harness hanging from the pulley wearing a strap on dildo and another girl on all fours on top of a vaulting horse with her bum facing the girl with the dildo. The girl in the harness was pulled back with a rope by other staff and then let go such that she swung up against the girl on the hobby horse with the intention of trying to penetrate her but all that ever happened was that she kept knocking the poor lass off the horse and onto the stage, which she looked none the best pleased about! 

How could I NOT fall in love in that environment?!  I was doomed from the moment I climbed those steps...  

• Haha 1