Decline of the USA

panadolsandwich

Don't worry, I had to sing God Save the UK Queen when I was living in a remote English outpost - on parade in rain or shine. A ridiculous farce, I minded thinking at the time it was like wishing the tooth fairy would save santa clause from a chimney accident.  When I was commissioned in the army, I was asked to swear allegiance to the UK Queen and I know it's all pomp and ceremony but you know - what fucking century are we living in?  I mean Jesus if I had the chance again, I'd go back and swear allegiance to Jake the Muss.  At least that fella was the real deal.

And yes technically the UK queen is a human being, but she is also a contemptible parasite who believes she is of a higher order than you and I.  I mean for that very reason alone I completely despise the British.  I do wish to make it completely clear I'm talking entirely about the British monarchy.  Of course as a foreigner and journeyman in Thailand I completely and utterly respect the Thai King, as do everyone I know. 

I know you are in mourning, many of my friends are Kiwis, I think they send the better ones over the Tasman :) Very talented well educated guys that I would literally trust with my life.  I just wish you guys wouldn't put all your eggs in the one basket.  Winning all the time and choking when it counts is an unfortunate Kiwi trait.  And believe me, when Australia was knocked out, I wanted you guys to win.  And now I have to bloody support South Africa. 

• 2 weeks later...

Of course we all remember this movie - Rocky IV, which is prescient in so many ways.  Great song though, James Brown - Living in America.  And on a personal note - probably not a great idea to dance before a fight.  Although I do like the bull's head blowing smoke through the nostrils.  Still as a metaphor, it entirely encapsulates America's arrogance to a tee.  Here is a clip to refresh your memories:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEtJ0GiOp64

545991661_livinginamerica.png.e85e52ca5ece81d695a36b9a877123bc.png

• 2 weeks later...

Ummm, I like James Brown, but he's saying superhighways, coast to coast, transcontinental overload - easy to get anywhere; you might stumble on the promised land - New York, Kansas city!. Jesus! 

The Italian Stallion!  reminds Apollo (a frigging greek god) that he has to destroy the dastardly russian.  Of course the puny Russian won't be able to fight Rocky - whom it appears defines the word courage. 

Drago proceeds to beat nine shades of living hell on Apollo!; whilst Rocky watches on - so yeah - nothing has changed; living in America.  Well, except I really do like James Brown. 

It's time to stand up America.  Yeah don't worry God loves you.  Just stand up with pride.  Stand up.  It's time to stand up and fight. 

Because I am an optimist. The founding 'fathers' were rather clever in deriving a self-correcting constitution; and it will self correct - if only actual Americans care about it. 

I'm not willing to call it a day and Jesus, I'm not even American.  Just reasonably intelligent I suppose.

• 2 months later...

image.png.c1d9c538a16b7359ac93bc0391644c98.png

In case you thought there was a leader with a strong fatherly hand on the tiller, willing to steer America back to the land of prosperity - a man of great integrity, selflessness and God damn it - a man who will demonstrate by his actions like Truman that the 'Buck stops here'. 

Well . . . all you've got is this malignant arsehole that looks like an extra from a 'Mad Max' movie. 

image.png.4f9c6f49188033d80483cc9906d55d6e.png