Pattaya bar dancers complain their pay withheld

Flashermac

PATTAYA: Go-go dancers at a Walking Street bar complained to police on Tuesday that their foreign employer owed them 400,000-baht in unpaid wages since they started work in mid-October.

About 30 dancers filed their complaint at Pattaya police station about 3am. They said their employer at Hidden A Go Go bar had failed to pay their wages as had been promised.

Their representative, a 29-year-old woman who identified herself only as Gift, said they started working at the go-go bar on Oct 14, and their employer promised to pay them every 10 days.The first payment due had been postponed to Monday, and when that deadline was missed they could no longer contact their employer. The overdue wages totalled about 400,000 baht, she said. Each dancer was contracted to receive a daily wage of 1,200 baht.

"Everyone has worked hard. We must dance on high heels for 7-8 hours a day. We all need to send money to parents and children, pay room rents and cover our personal expenses," Ms Gift said.

Police accepted their complaint and advised the women to also file it with provincial labour officials.

Yup, remember him well for selling a share to a young Scandiwegian,  wheelchair-bound after a car crash.  The Scandiwegian paid for his share with his  car crash compensation, assured it was a good investment.....

Flash, can you remember the other conman of those days?  Clue: New York Saint, received a refund after intervention by Gringo?  

• Like 1

On 10/30/2019 at 1:43 AM, Flashermac said:

Anyone else remember Santos, who ran the Titty Twister bar in Nana? It was quite a successful go-go bar, so much so that Santos was able to sell a 50% share in it to 8 different people.  :)

Yeah, remember that episode.....very nasty business. Whatever happened to him? I seem to recall he fled to India, if my memory is right (and often it is not!).

• Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 10:47 AM, checkbin said:

Yup, remember him well for selling a share to a young Scandiwegian,  wheelchair-bound after a car crash.  The Scandiwegian paid for his share with his  car crash compensation, assured it was a good investment.....

Flash, can you remember the other conman of those days?  Clue: New York Saint, received a refund after intervention by Gringo?  

Was that "Cigar Bob?" Or am I confusing him with someone else? "Cigar Bob" is long deceased. Or was it the guy who ran the bar in Soi Cowboy?

p.s. My avatar is back! I wondered what happened to it.  :)

3 hours ago, Flashermac said:

Was that "Cigar Bob?" Or am I confusing him with someone else? "Cigar Bob" is long deceased. Or was it the guy who ran the bar in Soi Cowboy?

p.s. My avatar is back! I wondered what happened to it.  :)

Cigar Bob must have died several years ago. Heart attack if I remember right? He was always trying some new business venture but the poor guy seemed to be broke more often than not...