Bangkok restaurants you miss

Shibuya

20 hours ago, Coss said:

Yes, that's the name I remember.

I was certain of the name I think I went to once for coffee and pastry with a certain French fried fuck who used to post here prolifically… Left the board after getting in a pissing contest  with Mekong and losing. But yeah, as I recall the pastries, there were pretty good I don’t think I ever actually ate a meal there just pastry and coffee but yeah it was excellent.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2024 at 7:58 PM, Mekong said:

Hehe

I did warn him 127 times

I was recently recalling this with MPIH, at the time known as Nervous Dog. As I recall, it started with Mekong innocently stating the drive from point A to Point B was cuz Kms…know it all127 chimed in rather brashly that Mekong was wrong, as he ‘…has a condo in Pattaya and visited 1-2 times a year, he felt he knew he was correct. Mekong stated he lived there and drove it every Day and some how or another a bet was offered. Mekong and his wife at the time came to Irish Exchange on Convent Road (Another place I miss) on a Sunday morning with MPIH/ND and his family and myself…maybe 1-2 others and put up his 2000Bht wager. Mekong had by then mapped out the distance in detail, noting starting points and distance between each one until the final destination. DKS127 never put up his money and instead threw one of his famous hissy fits, removed all his photos from the board and like na true french girl, ran away…Had Mekong been of German ancestry, he’d have probably held his ankles…adding yet another board where he had worn out his welcome…he surfaced recently on a face book page, looking for some referral for a service to clean bird shit off his balcony…”…the place has been vacant for 5 years, asking for a friend…”  

3 hours ago, Old Hippie said:

Mekong and his wife at the time came to Irish Exchange on Convent Road (Another place I miss) on a Sunday morning with MPIH/ND and his family and myself…maybe 1-2 others and put up his 2000Bht wager. Mekong had by then mapped out the distance in detail

Bloody Hell OH, you have a far better memory than I on this.

It was before August 2008 since that is when that job finished and a I am sure the Irish Exchange changed its name to Molly Malones about then.

it was a silly argument, as most of my arguments tend to be, about the distance from Central Pattaya to Laem Chabamg, a trip, I had been making 2 times a day 4 days a week plus once every Monday and Friday (Drove down to Laem Chabang from Bangkok Monday Morning, stayed in Pattaya all week back to Bangkok Friday Evening

So 8 times per week for about 3 years, well over 1,000 times and he tried to tell me I was wrong with my distances

Typical Frenchman, Lost a battle and ran away. I didn’t tell he him to disappear or anything like that, just prepared for him to admit his error and move on. For some reason he couldn’t do that, completely spat the dummy (pacifier), toys out of the play pen, removed all traces of himself and disappeared, I didn’t even get a proper chance to gloat.

• 2 weeks later...

Mr George, many a people keep on writing about various experiences which they claim to be " the best I ever had ". There seems to be an inflation of these events. You talking about some place at Soi 11 I do not know about I may praise an open air  Soi 7 restaurant on your left which does not exist any more where a friendly female manager introduced sticky rice with mango or mango with sticky rice, so far unknown to me. What a wonderful surprise, free of charge for that matter. What a sweet memory, although not the best I ever had, there are others.