Bangkok restaurants you miss

Shibuya

• 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...
On 11/24/2019 at 10:50 AM, Coss said:

Not Bangkok, but the only restaurant in LOS I could honestly claim was really, really good, was run by a Frenchman, and was on the hill between Pattaya and Jomtiem, just before the top, on the Pattaya side.

Top class food, nice surroundings and an attempt at a culture, that didn't always feel right, with the heat flowing up the hill from the flesh pots. Can't recall the name.

Was it Mata Hari by chance?

I recal a restaurant on Soi 23 called Old Siam I think, specialized  in Essarn cuisine, and some other foods from around thailand very good food very good prices. The decor was old Thailand style. I remember upstairs had a beautiful table set with gorgeous China and an old bicycle Sam Lor… A fake straw roof downstairs so it made you think you were eating it like an old style house. It was a beautiful restaurant with great food.

9 hours ago, Old Hippie said:

I recal a restaurant on Soi 23 called Old Siam I think, specialized  in Essarn cuisine, and some other foods from around thailand very good food very good prices. The decor was old Thailand style. I remember upstairs had a beautiful table set with gorgeous China and an old bicycle Sam Lor… A fake straw roof downstairs so it made you think you were eating it like an old style house. It was a beautiful restaurant with great food.

Sounds like "The Local" now - same location and decor.