So Britain made it's choice

panadolsandwich

I don't know why I feel so gutted.  I've got a EU passport and an Australian one.  It doesn't really personally effect me at all. 

I have to be reminded that this is what Britain wanted.  So there it is.  I'm not going to say anything hateful like you made your bed, just that, well, best of luck and nice knowing you - mostly. 

The sooner Australia is made a republic the better.  And no doubt Scotland is thinking the same thing.

11 hours ago, panadolsandwich said:

I don't know why I feel so gutted.  I've got a EU passport and an Australian one.  It doesn't really personally effect me at all. 

I have to be reminded that this is what Britain wanted.  So there it is.  I'm not going to say anything hateful like you made your bed, just that, well, best of luck and nice knowing you - mostly. 

The sooner Australia is made a republic the better.  And no doubt Scotland is thinking the same thing.

If leaving the E.U. was hard enough, imagine how hard Scotland leaving the UK would be

Customs Union, Hard Border etc?

People have learned absolutely nothing 

5 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

you think the eu will want to set a precedence for catalonia and the basques ? 

That's a good question.  I suppose it depends on whether they would join the EU, and I can't imagine they won't.  But yeah I don't know enough about it to be honest. 

As an optimist I think the EU would accept the Scottish.  Of course Northern Ireland is another matter entirely. 

There is always a distinct possibility that they negotiate a deal, that leaves every thing substantially the same, as it is now, but with a few nods to the populace,  like stricter immigration policies.

Then just change the wording at the top of every document to read "No we're not in the EU, and here below are the terms".

As optimistic as that sounds Coss - I can't imagine the EU being such pushovers.  They'll want to make an example of them. You leave our protection and you're out in the cold.  And you know what?  I have to say I don't blame them.  Certainly not at this stage.

Look for Europe to become the 'New London' as a global financial hub - most likely in Frankfurt.