Oz Faces Extinction?

Steve

BTW, fires in Oz, certainly biggest and most for a long time.

It is worth noting that there are numerous species of plant and fern, that have evolved to 'require' bush fires, for their seeds to germinate, and to otherwise thrive.

So whilst it's quite natural to have bush fires, the extent is very  unusual, and of course before the first man came, there was no one to report them.

I heard on the news that the Oz leader is a climate change denier. I was very surprised. I thought only the Republicans in America thought that. As far as I know every other country believes in it. But I don't know for sure, only from what I've read. 

Oh it's sure - He's coal money and stupid with it. -

Only eight months ago, the 51-year-old was being hailed as a political mastermind for snatching victory in an election he was widely expected to lose, in part because of his unwavering support for the country’s powerful coal industry.

https://www.ft.com/content/c72cbf76-2bf0-11ea-bc77-65e4aa615551

6 hours ago, Coss said:

Oh it's sure - He's coal money and stupid with it. -

Only eight months ago, the 51-year-old was being hailed as a political mastermind for snatching victory in an election he was widely expected to lose, in part because of his unwavering support for the country’s powerful coal industry.

https://www.ft.com/content/c72cbf76-2bf0-11ea-bc77-65e4aa615551

Coss, surely you are not telling me that the politicians that its not just coincidence that the politicians that take fossil fuel money in America and do not believe in climate change, that those 2 coincidences are related? Assure me you are not stating that is so. 

On 1/5/2020 at 10:00 AM, Coss said:

BTW, fires in Oz, certainly biggest and most for a long time.

It is worth noting that there are numerous species of plant and fern, that have evolved to 'require' bush fires, for their seeds to germinate, and to otherwise thrive.

So whilst it's quite natural to have bush fires, the extent is very  unusual, and of course before the first man came, there was no one to report them.

What you said:

Australia fires: Aboriginal planners say the bush 'needs to burn'

For thousands of years, the Indigenous people of Australia set fire to the land.

Long before Australia was invaded and colonised by Europeans, fire management techniques - known as "cultural burns" - were being practised.

The cool-burning, knee-high blazes were designed to happen continuously and across the landscape.

The fires burn up fuel like kindling and leaf detritus, meaning a natural bushfire has less to devour.

Since Australia's fire crisis began last year, calls for better reintegration of this technique have grown louder. But it should have happened sooner, argues one Aboriginal knowledge expert.

"The bush needs to burn," says Shannon Foster.

She's a knowledge keeper for the D'harawal people - relaying information passed on by her elders - and an Aboriginal Knowledge lecturer at the University of Technology Sydney (UTS).

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51043828

17 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

Coss, surely you are not telling me that the politicians that its not just coincidence that the politicians that take fossil fuel money in America and do not believe in climate change, that those 2 coincidences are related? Assure me you are not stating that is so. 

KarlLaugh.gif.5ebeb59afe225054fae5b9480309e491.gif