Brutal - Lopburi killer

Palatkik

Hi,

My wife mentioned this last night. Had not seen the clip yet. Utterly brutal and pointless killing for probably not more than a few thousand $.
This will almost certainly result in a death penalty when they catch him. And they will. Thai cops can be pretty useless, but if they really want to get someone they can also be very effective.

Sanuk!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well you know you can't fire anyone,  who has a half decent instagram photo.

I was listening to an interview yesterday that talked about some research (Harvard), that showed that what we've always said is true.

Young people who get all their cognitive thinking from phones and devices (read internet) are piss poor at discerning the truth of a matter and that they will believe almost anything, from the internet, as fact.

• Like 1

"Despite his previous claim that he had robbed the gold shop because he wanted some excitement in his life, Prasittichai Khaokaew, 38, director of Wat Pho Chai School in Sing Buri province, eventually admitted financial problems were his real motive. He was arrested on Wednesday morning in Lop Buri as he was leaving for school.

A check into his financial records showed the suspect owes more than 2 million baht to teachers' cooperatives and Krungthai Bank, the source said.

Investigators also found Mr Prasittichai had previously spent 300,000 baht on a BMW Z4, which was later seized in a crackdown on illegally imported cars and led him to be fined 600,000 baht.

The school director earned more than 30,000 baht a month, but after deductions, he had little left to fund his luxury lifestyle, the source said.

At a press briefing held by national police chief Pol Gen Chakthip Chaijinda yesterday, Mr Prasittichai spoke briefly to the media via video call.

"I decided to do it because I had personal problems including a financial issue. And I had to kill someone simply because I wanted to scare people away," he said. "I had been planning the robbery two or three days in advance."

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1842179/new-reason-given-for-gold-shop-robbery?fbclid=IwAR1iQCLQznDb3zogs4rfwFTRhKyRwrUAr27kBlyRqGaUbqVqWHu0qJnpBdc#cxrecs_s